Staff
Sep 16, 2006
1. Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
2. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
3. Jaquiski Tarrt, S, Samford
4. Chris Conley, WR, Georgia
5. Tyler Davison, DT, Fresno St.
6. Karlos Williams, RB, Florida St.

* Unless you are in the unique position of having a shot at a franchise QB, I prefer going pass rusher or pass protector in the top 10.

* If Amari Cooper is still there at No. 7, then I would take him - he will put points on the board. I'm not sold on Kevin White, who looks like a flavor of the day guy to me.

* Tony Lippett is another WR that I like in the middle rounds, but he's not nearly as fast as Conley. They could also get Stephon Diggs in rounds 4-5.

* You could take a shot at Oklahoma DT Jordan Williams who is a stud physically and would play NT, but there are some question marks. Another physical specimen with question marks is Auburn WR Sammie Coats, who is an elite athlete. Both boom or bust guys with tremendously high ceilings.

* Mario Edwards Jr. from FSU is a DE that I like in the 2nd or 3rd round. Harold probably fills the need a bit better, though.

* Not sure about Tarrt's position, but he's a freak.

* Davison is one of the most undervalued players in the draft. Stud.

* Malcolm Brown from Texas is a lot like Karlos Williams. Former high school superstar who dropped. But he would be another guy to look at late.

* Another safety to consider in the first three rounds is Cody Prewitt from Ole Miss. Big hitter in the Bears tradition. Also Durrell Eskridge from Syracuse in the middle rounds.

* Guys you take at No. 1 if they drop? Cooper, Dante Fowler Jr., Leonard Williams. That's about it. I would take Scherff over any of the other pass rushers like Beasly, Dupree, Ray, or Gregory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News