ADVERTISEMENT

Murry could be the key

captainillini

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2005
a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Jamal Murray could be the key that unlocks Dylan Ennis to Illinois or Oregon. Roger Murray, Jamal's Father, is basically running his son's recruitment, and it's still not known is Jamal will reclassify, even though Kentucky has said there is a '15 spot open with Jamal's name on it. That said, he could have taken a visit to Lexington recently, but chose not to.

IMO, Ulis & the recently signed ball-hog, combo-guard, Isaiah Briscoe may not mix well with what the Murray's want, i.e. the ball in Jamal's hands to showcase his talent for the NBA.

The article below talks about Murray visits on the horizon, and a possible decision on the reclass (w/ program choice) looms in May, early June.

The other program that consistently
pops up when talking about Murray's recruitment is Oregon. If all the cards are played right, it could be the key to Illinois getting Ennis. Ennis and Murray know each other well, and I'm sure each know how the other feels about Oregon. That said the ball is truly in Ennis' court. He could pick Oregon today or tomorrow, which would probably eliminate the Ducks from Murray's list "this" year, and for some reason I don't think Murray wants to go share time w/ Ulis and Briscoe (and UK could be in on some other Combo-Guards too for all we know).

I really hope Murray's camp has been hinting to Ennis that they REALLY like Oregon, and Ennis decides it would be better to go with Illinois

OR... Who knows, maybe one of the secret other schools that could get a Murray visit (mentioned in article
below) is Illinois, even though we
haven't heard jack squat about Murray-Illinois for a LONG time.

But you know what they say, recruiting is Fluid.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jamal-murray-planning-visits-no-timetable-on-reclass-decision/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News