ADVERTISEMENT

Low post scoring

flight 33

Oct 16, 2003
.....This has been a problem at Illinois for some time now and it is clear that unless it is addressed, it wont be easy to take the next step up in this league. I feel like we dont throw the ball into the post enough and off of ball screens. Some of this might be the limitations of the current front court players and the guards distrust of them. It is a mindset that needs to be broken going forward into next season. I think front court players play better in all phases of the game when they touch the ball and it makes the team better in general. The last time we had a competent back to the basket player was Pruitt(of course he was a black hole and would never pass it back to open shooters even when he had 3 or 4 defenders on him). Are Finke, Paul, Black(and I still have hope for Colbert/Morgan if they develop their bodies and games in the off season) going to elevate this aspect of the team? It needs to happen for us to be able to win the games that come down to the last few possessions as they often do in the big ten. Will also really relieve the pressure and make our wing players so much better. Ultimately, the culture of not getting the front court involved in the offense has got to change...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News