ADVERTISEMENT

Letter as received - as did many of you I am sure

jackson289

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2005
Tampa, FL, USA
Dear I FUND Members,

As many of you likely are aware, a former university football player recently raised questions regarding the professional conduct and actions of the university football team leadership.

We want to make clear that our top priority remains the health and well-being of all of our students, and we remain committed to providing our student-athletes with the highest quality of care and support.

That said, we take any allegations seriously and as such I have requested that the chancellor initiate a review - external to the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics - of the allegations. The university has retained Franczek Radelet, a highly respected law firm, to conduct an independent, thorough investigation into the matter.

When this process concludes, the university will release information in a manner that balances student privacy concerns, legal responsibilities, the need to respect the integrity of the process and an obligation to be transparent.

Our most fundamental duty is to prepare our students for lives of leadership and impact by earning a degree from the University of Illinois. Thank you for your incredible support of our 500 plus student-athletes.

Sincerely,

mikethomas-sig-200.jpg

Mike Thomas
Director of Athletics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News