ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Talk Leron Black

UPnorth Illini

Feb 8, 2010
The Great State of Wisconsin
So I guess I maybe made a mistake in thinking Black would be a better player during his freshman year, especially here in the final weeks of the season. I knew his offensive game was limited and a work in progress, so while still a bit disappointing I guess I can't say it is a huge shock. I also somewhat understand being out of position on defense and making freshman mistakes in that regard....the part that does concern me is the manner in which many of his fouls come. They aren't Mav Morgan type fouls ( too slow to get in front of your man, get out of position and draw a foul)....No, rather these are just head scratching fouls that you kinda learn in the first year or two of organized basketball as a kid are things you don't want to do. I mean geez...if I was him at this point of the season, wouldn't you say to yourself " Man, I'm sick of fouling every play, I'm going to try and not do that so I can stay on the court"...?

At this point I don't even know how much improvement to expect next year. He will obviously get better, but how much better are we talking here? I assume Groce and his staff have been pleading with him to tone down some of these antics that draw him out of the game? If he was playing at a higher level this season could have had a different outcome....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News