ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Shenault's decision

samspiegelman

Gold Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hey all.
Just wanted to drop by and give a quick update on Rivals250 WR La'Vontae Shenault ahead of his much-anticipated decision, which is still on track to be Tuesday.

Shenault delayed his decision on Monday evening, which caught us all by a little surprise. That includes the Colorado and Illinois coaching staffs. Colorado was confident as of Monday night and again on Tuesday. So was Illinois, the day after, but much more taken back by Shenault's delay more than anything else.

From speaking to multiple sources on Tuesday, the decision still favors the Buffs by a pretty decent margin. I think he has some inner conflict with following in his brother's footsteps and intends on creating his own legacy, but Colorado and Coach Chev has done a good job with entering his recruitment late and making the strongest push. The Buffs hit a homerun with their OV last weekend and obviously, that's why he was leaning there. It's just that inner struggle, which I think he's slowly getting over.

Shenault does not have an exact timeline for an announcement on Tuesday, so keep your eyes and ears peeled. It may be just around the nighttime as it was supposed to be on Monday. I still feel good about the Buff here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News