ADVERTISEMENT

John Groce In Retrospect

dtrain79

Gold Member
Jul 13, 2006
When Groce was hired, I was very pleased with the hire (assuming we couldn't get Smart or Stevens). Thought he had the "it" factor that a lot of the best have. But you have to possess some coaching ability. Groce is like Pat Kennedy without the wallet, and frankly I have on good authority Groce isn't down with cheating (which means that it would have to be done behind his back, not an easy task).

However, remember when I went crazy on Black Friday. Said it was the turning point in a bad way. Laughed at Groce's "Illini basketball is in a great place." Put simply, a big-time coach - even in his young years - wouldn't have that happen to him. He wouldn't get punked in front of every PSA in the state like that. He'd do everything he could to make it not happen. Groce, he got punked.

But boy, I never thought he'd be such an incompetent coach. Of course, with Ford as his right hand man, it's not surprising ...

Btw, @smjohnsn why in the hell were you high on Groce and this team two weeks ago? I usually love to see what you post!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News