ADVERTISEMENT

Imatorbhebhe had three winning plays.

Indianola

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This guy has another season of eligibility. In last Saturday's win he displayed enough speed to give future defensive coordinators something to think about. Imatorbheebhe beat Wisconsin defensive backs twice, one for a TD, that was nullified, and the other was when he was wide open deep and Peters over threw him. His TD catch was a great catch and throw by Peters. I have to believe Badger defensive backs are pretty good. By the way, Corbin ran away from them on his 40 yard scamper.

Navarro's catch and run was also a play that deserves attention. I really didn't think we had any deep threats at all. The Freshman Washington also made a play. This is important, because I have every reason to believe our offensive line is a good one, and Brown and Corbin are excellent running backs. Defenses no longer can load up to stop our running attack without subjecting themselves to risk.

Peters, and the other new guys, may be getting more comfortable with the offense and playing with one another. I gather that media feel that the game was huge upset, but I seem to remember we had one TD called back and missed a 40 yard FG. We also turned the ball over inside our 20 yard line.

Now we sit back and see what happens with remaining games. The last six quarters of Illini football have been very good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News