ADVERTISEMENT

If you are coming to the Emerald Coast Classic...

illinipede

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2006
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
You are in for a treat! The NWFSC Arena is an outstanding venue for this event, and the area is amazingly beautiful. I grew up in Sullivan (U of I class of 1980), but Ft. Walton Beach has been my home for over 12 years, and I doubt if there is a more dedicated Illini fan on the Emerald Coast. I don't post much on this sight, but I read all the expert insights every day....

If you are looking for places to eat, right down from the Hampton Inn (where Brad mentioned he is staying) on Holiday Isle is The Back Porch. Great food and view of the Gulf. Toward FWB, on Okaloosa Island, I like Floyd's Shrimp House (all you can eat specials...) and The Crab Trap. Right before your leave Destin, heading to FWB, is a one of a kind experience at McGuire's Pub, and the Harborwalk Village is full of great places to dine and shop. Also, if you want some more "serious shopping" check out the Silver Sands outlet mall in Sandestin and the Destin Commons area. However, don't sacrifice time on the sugary-white sand beaches for the shopping...

I hope the Illini can pull off a couple victories. The Providence game gave me some realistic hope. If we bring the "D" and hit a few more shots, I think it's quite possible....we'll see. I-L-L

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News