ADVERTISEMENT

Game 5: Illinois @ Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grr, we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. We looked good early and it is as if the team did not want that to continue.

This will be another Nebraska touchdown. Cannot stop the run!

That can't be a defensive penalty. Why can't Barr go low. Been coaching for a long time. Never seen that one.

What could have been if Lunt was healthy. Ugh, the life of an Illini fan. Not sure ROT has another score in him. Not sure what you do now.

The good news is we just got a commitment from a 2nd defensive player. And this is the worst defensive personnel and defensive coaching staff we have had since the 80s.

How is that not holding in the endzone and then personal foul at the end. I know we are not the bodies they have but u can't do that

If Lunt can play at all I have to wonder what the hell is going on in Beckman's head. Reilly is a nice kid I'm sure, but I hope he has a fallback if this whole football thing doesn't work out.

O toole suck .. im sorry
Thats not a pass thats a jump shot ..
But hes having fun!!!! I'm not
Why is lunt dressed?

This post was edited on 9/27 9:23 PM by twinz123

Coaching / preparation issues:

Offensive line has been losing track of Randy Gregory. How can you not know where he is?

No real plan to defend the read option. Guys trying to read and react, but aimless and can't shed blocks.

When the linebackers are able to shed a block (not often), they get up field too soon and let the RB go right by them.

Do people think the other QB would be doing better? I think he would just take more sacks and throw as many picks.

Oh God....

I'm turning this trainwreck off. No need to ruin any more of my Saturday night.

So depressing. So embarrassing. I hate college football because of this. Just no fun.

I think the game is over now. Too many mistakes. What a way to take the life out of the team after a great start.

And you wondered why I wanted to see this staff GONE after last year. Poor coaching by a group of mid major coaches! They continue to show NOTHING! This game is going to be a HUGE joke! Final score, 70-17.

coaching my rear end. until we get some stud defensive lineman and linebackers you guys better get used to this!

ace, part of the job of a coach is to get the players in place to perform at a competitive level. If you don't have the studs, you better "coach up" what you have so they can at least be in the right place and tackle competently. We look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around out there, and the disorganization and lack of preparation is definitely on the coaching staff.

Originally posted by bucshon:

Coaching / preparation issues:

Offensive line has been losing track of Randy Gregory. How can you not know where he is?

No real plan to defend the read option. Guys trying to read and react, but aimless and can't shed blocks.

When the linebackers are able to shed a block (not often), they get up field too soon and let the RB go right by them.
"Coaching / preparation issues:"

same crap - different week. not sure why this continues to be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT