ADVERTISEMENT

Current events

Great victory Illini!. Only problem was the political ads. In AZ Reuben Gallego's handlers have dug up Julie Spillsbury who earnestly says to the camera she was a Republican but is supporting Reuben because she can't stand Kari Lake. I looked up Julie and she is a Mormon mom who became a Mesa city councilwoman in 2020. One of her accomplishments is she is an advocate for LBGTQ.

Then we get the ad about how Reuben is such an upstanding guy. Except he filed for divorce from his pregnant wife a few days before she was due and now is married to a woman 12 years younger.

Reuben has great advertisers. Until the debate with Kari Lake I never heard him actually speak. He is an obscure congressman from Phoenix running for Senate. Can advertisers and social media create a Senator? Reuben probably is not the 1st or last.

Social media is not the major reason.

The parties were more similar in the 1970s than today. In particular, Republicans have moved much more to the right.
No Jeffrey. “In particular”, dems are far left. Climate lies, forcing green, abortion any time, sex changes, etc. They say “follow the science” but say that your gender is determined by your feelings rather than your biology. Completely anti-science. They cry about all the high temperatures but the records that are being broken are from pre-industrial revolution times. Not to mention the records only go back a hundred or so years when the planet has been around for millions. Dems are largely a bunch of my-feelings-matter, over-sensitive lemmings who quite literally do not “follow the science”.

Reactions: BigWill
That is demonstrably false, particularly as it applies to the electorate.

There are definitely pockets of the type of tribalism that you describe, but it doesn’t appear to be much of a trend.

Jeff is simply attempting to justify his kamala vote. He knows it’s wrong but is doing it anyway and needs to justify it to everyone.

• Wow
Reactions: BigWill
No Jeffrey. “In particular”, dems are far left. Climate lies, forcing green, abortion any time, sex changes, etc. They say “follow the science” but say that your gender is determined by your feelings rather than your biology. Completely anti-science. They cry about all the high temperatures but the records that are being broken are from pre-industrial revolution times. Not to mention the records only go back a hundred or so years when the planet has been around for millions. Dems are largely a bunch of my-feelings-matter, over-sensitive lemmings who quite literally do not “follow the science”.
I did not create the data. Take it up with Pew research. SMH.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: BigWill and bung23
We will never agree. I believe in climate change and that elections are not rampant with fraud. You believe the opposite.
There has been disagreement on the scope election fraud since the dawn of time. What’s hard to argue is there isn’t an effort by the Left to dismantle election laws. California has even made it illegal to require any voter identification. There’s no way moves like that won’t encourage more fraud.

Last edited:
We will never agree. I believe in climate change and that elections are not rampant with fraud. You believe the opposite.
Climate change is BS. 100% BS. There isn’t one thing man can do about it. What we can do is be conservationists. Climate Change BS is just radical nonsense that harms the earth. Have you paid any attention to how your battery powered car is made? There isn’t anything environmentally friendly about wind farms either on or offshore. Solar? Panels bad for the environment and look at the amount of habitat it takes to have a solar farm of any value. Pathetic really. If Climate Change was actually a thing, Obama wouldn’t have 2 waterfront properties.

• Love
Reactions: bung23
Climate change is BS. 100% BS. There isn’t one thing man can do about it. What we can do is be conservationists. Climate Change BS is just radical nonsense that harms the earth. Have you paid any attention to how your battery powered car is made? There isn’t anything environmentally friendly about wind farms either on or offshore. Solar? Panels bad for the environment and look at the amount of habitat it takes to have a solar farm of any value. Pathetic really. If Climate Change was actually a thing, Obama wouldn’t have 2 waterfront properties.
Believe what you want and I will do the same.

• Haha
We should continue to explore the science behind anthropogenic climate change. The idea that science is “settled” is absurd. Computer climate models have been highly unreliable and need improvement.

Clean energy is a worthy pursuit so long as it’s practical, affordable, and not counterproductive. What we can’t do is jeopardize the stability of the power grid. A widespread failure would be catastrophic. We should also study the potential of zero emission fossil fuel plants, something climate activists inexplicably oppose.

That said, climate change as a political issue is a ruse. It’s a shakedown of tax payers for fake, draconian solutions that do nothing whatsoever to lower global surface temperatures. It’s also a tool for the type of fear mongering, division, and virtue signaling that are all too common in politics. (Are you on the side of saving the world or destroying it?).

Paying billions to fund clean energy plants for developing nations? No. Hell no.

Last edited:
Reactions: bung23 and AzIllini
We should continue to explore the science behind anthropogenic climate change. The idea that science is “settled” is absurd.

Clean energy is also a worthy pursuit so long as it’s practical and affordable. What we can’t do jeopardize the stability of thpower grid. A widespread failure would be catastrophic.

That said, climate change as a political issue is a ruse. It’s a shakedown of tax payers for fake, draconian solutions that do nothing whatsoever to lower global surface temperatures.

Paying billions to fund clean energy plants for developing nations? No. Hell no.
Nuclear energy was always the most efficient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT