ADVERTISEMENT

Current events

I do. I misjudged Trump prior to his first term too. Thought he would be a complete disaster executing the job of POTUS and if I'm intellectually honest, he wasn't. Unlike Vance, I figured out during the primaries that there was a massive misrepresentation of Trump going on in the media, so I can't blame having fallen for the lies. I just misjudged the guy. I also didn't come out of that first term as much a fan of Trump as Vance may have, but he beat my admittedly low expectations. And I give Vance props for admitting he was wrong and not running and ducking from the question.
Vance could not have answered the question any other way whether it's the truth or not. I am suspicious of anyone that has a change of heart that just happens to benefit them greatly.

We already have boots on the ground in the Middle East, 40,000 or so, and they have been under attack several times in the last year, I think from Iranian-backed groups. Whether or not ground forces actively participate in a direct conflict between Israel and Iran remains to be seen, maybe depends on the outcome of the election. But if there is an intensified Iran-Israel conflict, US troops will almost certainly come under attack by Iranian proxies. How the US responds is subject to speculation.
I meant additional troops. Also, there are not any troops in Israel or Lebanon, so I would not say it is a certainty.

Last edited:
Vance could not have answered the question any other way whether it's the truth or not. I am suspicious of anyone that has a change of heart that just happens to benefit them greatly.
Sure he could. He could just ignore the question, deny that was ever his position, or cite bad grammar or a misspeak due to nerves or any number of everyday slimy politician tactics. But he didn't. I suppose he could be lying, but looking at his record for signs of dishonesty, the only thing people point to is their assumption of his motives regarding his opinion of Trump, which is pretty weak sauce--way too weak for me to accuse him of lying about it. To be suspicious of a politician for changing course for political expediency is fair, but it'd be hard to name one that hasn't. And elected representatives should advance the agenda of the people they represent. Can't fault him for aligning with voters in his state.

We are not going to send anyone to the Middle East. There will not be any additional boots on the ground. Israel does not need any help on the ground; they are more than capable.
Are you insane, we have steadily increased troop presence and trust me Netanyahu will want us involved and will use every political means to do it and false flags if necessary . Don’t forget he goaded us into fighting the Iraqis…

Are you insane, we have steadily increased troop presence and trust me Netanyahu will want us involved and will use every political means to do it and false flags if necessary . Don’t forget he goaded us into fighting the Iraqis…
I doubt that anything will happen before the election. Trump is the biggest suppoter of Israel and very friendly with Netanyahu. I am not sure which candidate would fan the flames of war more.

I doubt that anything will happen before the election. Trump is the biggest suppoter of Israel and very friendly with Netanyahu. I am not sure which candidate would fan the flames of war more.
My guess is that Trump is more likely to stand with Israel and look to severely curtail Iranian influence/misbehavior. He left them in a weak and isolated position. The current administration's approach has been more pro-Iranian with sanction relief and the like, while trying to orchestrate limited conflicts when it comes to Israel's response to aggression. Ironically, I'd say Trump is less likely to fan the flames, but more likely to decisively wade in in support of Israel if it becomes an existential situation for them.

I meant additional troops. Also, there are not any troops in Israel or Lebanon, so I would not say it is a certainty.
I think Iranian money still backs some, maybe all, of the "terrorist" groups in Iraq and Syria that we are in conflict with. It's asymmetrical warfare, and you're right it's not certain US soldiers will directly engage Iranian soldiers in ground combat, before the election or after. But we'll almost certainly be fighting their proxies, and already have been.

I am confused. What does the tweet have to do with your comments?

As far as Ukraine goes there were four options:
  • Aid Ukraine in a war they want to fight.
  • Don't aid Ukraine in the war and let Russia "win".
  • Negotiate a regime change that would pacify Putin.
  • Negotiate a settlement that would have given Russia the land they wanted.
Clearly, you don't like option 1. The rest of the options would result in an Ukraine insurgency for years and embolden Putin.
It is easy to complain so what would you have done?

False choices that ignore the reality on the ground.

Zelensky has few options left, and material aid from the west will not change that.

What people need to understand is the powerful forces who are profiteering from this tragic war, and how that is impacting political alliances in the U.S.

Reactions: ILisBest and djpc

I was looking to see what is on Netflix and there is a program about Bill Gates outlook for the future. Bill Gates is the business equivalent of a Mafia don whitewashing his image after spending his life doing horrible things. Why would I care what Bill Gates thinks about anything.
Gates was an unscrupulous businessman who used illegal practices like meeting with startups under the pretext of licensing their software to Windows. Microsoft would get enough of a peak to ripoff the software and make their own version.
Gates sexually harassed countless women in the workplace. He was basically a weirdo when it came to romantic relationships.
Now he has this image of a loveable grandpa who is all knowing and wise. Bill Gates is living proof that karma does not exist.

Reactions: rillaman
I am confused. What does the tweet have to do with your comments?

As far as Ukraine goes there were four options:
  • Aid Ukraine in a war they want to fight.
  • Don't aid Ukraine in the war and let Russia "win".
  • Negotiate a regime change that would pacify Putin.
  • Negotiate a settlement that would have given Russia the land they wanted.
Clearly, you don't like option 1. The rest of the options would result in an Ukraine insurgency for years and embolden Putin.
It is easy to complain so what would you have done?
Obviously, you didn't watch the video.

False choices that ignore the reality on the ground.

Zelensky has few options left, and material aid from the west will not change that.

What people need to understand is the powerful forces who are profiteering from this tragic war, and how that is impacting political alliances in the U.S.
I wasn't talking about these options now. I used the verb tense "were" not "are". I was talking about the options when the war started. The merry men of MAGA talk about how this was handled poorly. Well, what should have been done in Feb 2022?

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about these options now. I was talking about the options when the war started. The merry men of MAGA talk about how this was handled poorly. Well, what should have been done in Feb 2022?

Many experts believe the invasion could have been prevented if Ukraine upheld its side of the Minsk agreement and pledged neutrality. But the fact is, the U.S. and the war mongers / profiteers here had no interest in a piece agreement. Western nations would not have supported a piece deal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT