ADVERTISEMENT

Current events

rillaman

Gold Member
May 10, 2009

Stories like these are why people don’t believe crime is down. In the last month, Denver has shut down two parks, late night food trucks, and now a grocery store….in addition to many other businesses. They always say it’s due to safety and crime, meanwhile local politicians tell us crime is down.

Reactions: Uncoach and bung23
Over 450,000 Convicted Criminals, Illegal Immigrants from around the World were caught by ICE and recorded and released !

38,000 + were CONVICTED MURDERERS OR RAPEISTS 1

Hurricane Helene was a terrible event. The carnage looks pretty bad and the fact there are still people needing to be rescued is troubling. I am not saying our government did anything wrong, but the optics are not good.

Hurricane Helene was a terrible event. The carnage looks pretty bad and the fact there are still people needing to be rescued is troubling. I am not saying our government did anything wrong, but the optics are not good.
If they are having trouble responding to rescues, I’m not sure why they (govt) are not allowing private drones to fly over the impacted areas to try to find/rescue people?

Reactions: bung23
Is my recollection correct that @dtrain79 belittled the choice of JD Vance? Much like many 2020 voting records, the threads with the data have been destroyed.
JD Vance did well in the debate but was still a bad pick. His favorably ratings is -10 while Walz is a +4. Vance just said Trump won in 2020 (day after debate) which doesn't help in any way. Don't get me wrong Walz was a bad pick too. I believe that both presidential candidates did not want to pick anybody too good less they be overshadowed by a more competent politician.

Last edited:
If they are having trouble responding to rescues, I’m not sure why they (govt) are not allowing private drones to fly over the impacted areas to try to find/rescue people?
Knowing a little about aviation, I can tell you the limit on drones is a good thing. I do believe drones are capped at something around a few hundred feet. Anything over 8 pounds can take out an airplane/aircraft. It all boils down to the inability to track the drones, that is, no transponders.

He did belittle the choice. I would have preferred Tulsi. There is no doubt Vance is sharper than advertised.
Tulsi is great, but if you put Tulsi on the ticket people like Rill would say there are 2 Democrats on the ticket! And he would be half right since I believe Tulsi is just a reasonable American who is a Democrat on a large number of issues.

As for the Train, well he has coach Walz, that is, Tampon Tim who he can support. No wonder he left - another epically bad take.

JD Vance did well in the debate but was still a bad pick. His favorably ratings is -10 while Walz is a +4. Vance just said Trump won in 2020 (day after debate) which doesn't help in any way. Don't get me wrong Walz was a bad pick too. I believe that both presidential candidates did not want to pick anybody too good less they be overshadowed by a more competent politician.
Vance was a great pick. At the time, I didn’t know too much about him. But, he flipped that -10 to a +10 for anyone watching the debate. The debate WAS the single opportunity for the country to meet Coach Walz and Vance.

RDS’ 2028 odds must be down big time with the emergence of Vance who is everything you claim to want in a politician.

Trump is not afraid of a strong running mate. He is the epitome of an Alpha and like Obama, a top shelf narcissist.

Reactions: ILisBest
After watching the VP debate, it is very clear that is nothing more than the power of the MSM. One is a goofball and the other one was completely in control with a terrific grip on the issues.

A lot of people (not just here) had a lot of bad things to say about Vance when he was picked. From what I can see, out of the 4 individuals on the two major party presidential tickets, he is the most intelligent as a politician, best spoken, and most likable. As a VP candidate he likely won't move the needle a ton in either direction, but I think he was a good pick for Trump.

The problem for DT/JDV is the (D)s are running a campaign where the media is doing the heavy lifting for them and they seem to be giving the actual candidates as little opportunity to belie the crafted narrative as possible. Sort of a doubling down on what they did successfully in 2020. Trump and Vance might be fighting the last war, so to speak, using outdated tactics of getting out and engaging with as many voters as possible to go against an almost infinitely fungible opponent. Bold strategy by the (D)s, and they've got a good shot at pulling it off.

Reactions: ILisBest
Vance was a great pick. At the time, I didn’t know too much about him. But, he flipped that -10 to a +10 for anyone watching the debate. The debate WAS the single opportunity for the country to meet Coach Walz and Vance.

RDS’ 2028 odds must be down big time with the emergence of Vance who is everything you claim to want in a politician.

Trump is not afraid of a strong running mate. He is the epitome of an Alpha and like Obama, a top shelf narcissist.
Let's see where his net favorabllity ratings are a week from now. You may be right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT