ADVERTISEMENT

Crowds at the PC3 games.

ChiTownChief

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
I went to all 5 games. I remember when was announced that we play games there and comments were made that all of the games would be sellouts. The place holds 7700. Average attendance for all 5 games were about 5000+ with maybe no more than 5400.

I think the tickets for the teams that they played were overpriced. Tickets were $55, $35, and $20. On top of that when the DIA tried to offer us season ticketholders first shot at seats, they wanted us to purchase all 5 games at $250. And if you order tickets through Ticketmaster, you get raped with service charges.

If these were Big 10 or Power 5 teams, I could see charging that much for the level of competition that we could barely beat, I think those prices were too much.

I ended up buying the cheapest seats available and sat closer wear nobody was sitting. And no ushers checked to see if I was sitting in the correct seat.

If they wanted to sell the place out I think ticket prices could have been lower.

Plus the DIA could have done more to promote more students making the trip from Champaign such as a package that included a ticket to the game, a bus ride to the game and back, a t-shirt, etc as we depend on a lot of students coming to our games. Or they could have done some promotions with local Springfield businesses (i.e. Horrace Mann, LRS) with a block of discounted tickets to encourage their employees to come to the games

Reactions: captain05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News