ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of notes.....

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
The 3 Freshmen arrived yesterday and were in the gym going through workouts today. All types of ball handling and shooting drills. The consensus is that these 3 guys are all gym rats, they love to be in the lab. Great kids too. I think DJ Williams is a little undersold, because he can do it all, but sometimes got stuck in the system at Simeon.

Darius Paul will arrive on Saturday.

Cunningham wasn't a shock after what I was hearing this morning, and I really think he was intimidated. Look at the high major schools he turned down out of HS and then as a transfer to pick Bradley and Dayton.

Obviously, some big visits upcoming. Williams, Moore, Walker and hearing 2017 5 star Kris Wilkes may make it over next week.

A rule change I heard about yesterday that may be bigger than the 30 second clock or the arc moving out, was the no 5 second call rule. College game becoming more like the NBA game.

Some recruiting buzz....

Illinois and UConn were in the deepest and longest on Alterique Gilbert, but Texas (excitement of Shaka) came in late, Louisville jumped in late, and Syracuse jumped in late to make the Final 5. Cuse has probation and stuff looming, while some other schools have incumbents like Snider at Louisville, so just have to wait and see on this one. He's the top dog in the 2016 crop of PG's.

Still think Xavier Simpson is going to Xavier but wants to make sure.

Sounds like and Illinois and Iowa battle for Charlie Moore right now. Georgetown is now recruiting him too.

2017 class if THE class for Groce and company. Williams, Verge/Eastern, Smith, Negron and Tilmon....let's lock that up. With Tilmon, Illinois was first to offer and has been in from the beginning so they have a shot.

Duke called on Justin Smith, which slowed the process for him. Still have a great shot at him.

Most of the 2016 PG targets aren't stars, but they have to be able to bring the ball up the floor, defend and knock down shots.

2017 Jordan Goodwin measured at 6'2 with a 6'10 wingspan this week at the Nike Elite 100. Wow. Condor.

Michael Finke looks a lot thicker, has those beach muscles, but now has to build up core and lower body strength. I think a year from now he will be fine as the starting 5, or at least playing big minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News