ADVERTISEMENT

BigWill-esque story

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
I was working on a Camp Rantoul piece today, and I realized I had never posted this story from Camp Rantoul 2012.

This was the camp when Reggie Spearman (remember him?) was supposed to show up at Rantoul and commit. It was between practices and I was coming back from lunch for the evening session. This was before I owned a smart phone, so I asked Brad to Tweet Spearman's commitment story at 3:40 p.m. if he didn't hear from me.

I had a late lunch at a Chinese buffet and was driving back to the practice field to interview Spearman after he made his commitment. And I had a heart attack in my Jeep.

I set the GPS for the nearest hospital, which turned out to be Carl 14 miles away in Champaign. Meanwhile, Brad didn't hear from me and tweeted the commitment. Predictably, Spearman had a change of heart (he does that), and we botched the Spearman story.

Laying in the hospital emergency room with wires attached to me, I started getting text messages....from Brad, from Jeremy, and others. I dutifully responded. LOL.

What a day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News