ADVERTISEMENT

Betwixt and Between

scotty7012

Mar 28, 2017
I usually try to wait a day before I post about a game to eliminate either dismal lows or unrealistic highs so after a night to contemplate I am not sure how to react to yesterdays game.

If all I had watched was the first half I would assume we would be winless for the year and an embarrassment to the Big 10.
IF all I had watched was the second half I would believe we would be competitive in every game with the exception of Wisc and Penn State.
My problem is I watched both halves.
So is AJ Bush an erratic, often off target and uncertain QB or is AJ Bush a dynamic leader able to beat you with feat and his arm?
Is the offense a disjointed uncertain slow footed group incapable of moving the ball or is it a high powered, high energy group led by AJ Bush , Reggie Corbin and Sam Mayes who will threaten to score on every possession?
IS our defense unable to stop either the pass or the run or is our defense led by its linebackers ( both of them lol) able to stifle opponents with TO's good tackling?
Last our special teams were dreadful with the exception of the kickers them selves until Dudek's late punt return.

Because I am an optimist I think I will go with believing the real Illini showed up in the second half
and will at least be competitive in most games.

Am I drinking the Kool - ade??

Reactions: mario11k and pt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News