ADVERTISEMENT

Be ready to fall over . . .

slackster24

Oct 15, 2010
last 80 minutes of play, 0 assists out of our PG position. And obviously we are talking about Starks since Tate has been sick.

Brings me to this: Some people want to blame the offensive dysfunction on R. Rice coming back. And I keep hearing, "our offense just stops since Rice has been back," etc..

But the more I think about it, the more I am thinking this: the ball was moving a ton better with Rice out, no question about it. BUT, that was when Groce was playing J. Tate a ton more minutes than what he has since R. Rice has been back.

Once R. Rice came back, Groce has done all he can to keep giving Starks a lot of minutes. I personally think the one-again diminished role by Tate and much-expanded role by Starks (for absolutely no reason btw) is what has led to our brutal offense having zero flow and ball movement.

Even games where Tate wasn't scoring, he was getting 6 or 7 assists and turning it over 1 or 2 times MAX. And Tate was getting to the FT line an obviously converting them.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Groce keeps insisting that A. Starks is a PG.

And then you have the fact that he can't play defense to save his ass. And the passing is terrible as well. Watching Starks against that Iowa press was like watching a 5th grader trying to break a press against a HS Varsity team. Was sickening to watch.

someone needs to take his toy away from him.
This post was edited on 2/27 1:46 PM by slackster24

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News