ADVERTISEMENT

Around the B10

decke1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2005
Indianapolis
IU almost snuck a V at home vs tOSU in an instant classic, but it just wasn't meant to be. tOSU keeps its #1 rank but it's def a toss up now for the 1 spot until their QB play improves. Can't rely on Zeke too much or bad things will happen. 34-27.

Purdue almost made an inspirational comeback vs MSU who virtually gave up after the 2nd Q and didn't play inspired ball at all. Lucky to escape with a W and I would not be surprised to see them drop in the polls. 24-21

Iowa won at Wisky 10-6 in a game where Wisky threw away scoring opps like Illinois has the past 3 weeks.

Michigan won today vs Maryland. 28-0. Maryland looked like they gave up after the 3rd Q. I think they realize their season is poop.

Northwestern won today vs Minn.. Their offense is heavily relied upon 1 guy and by the time we play them, I like our chances of a victory simply b/c they will be too worn down. Thorson was an efficient 14-19 though. Leitner...not so efficient. Minnesota offense is as bad as it gets. Can Illinois nab a recruit or two from them if the season shakes out the way we all hope? Season not looking good for them at all.
We also win vs Minnesota. We must beat them.

Penn St beat a subpar Army squad 20-14. PSU is another game that we can def. win. 7 wins looks highly attainable barring any more injuries. We get Hardee back and hopefully Dudek in a few weeks and our offense should pick it up a bit, which can only help the defense. Have to sustain drives and score points to stay alive this year.

Crazy week in the Big10. Not sure if it shows how weak or strong we are as a conference. But Illinois won so I don't care.

Predicted W's: 2 W's in October: Nebraska and PSU, and 2 W's in November, with a possible victory in Soldier field: Purde, Minn, NW....8 wins???? what??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News