ADVERTISEMENT

A few things on Kofi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
The stuff tweeted this morning by Kentucky and national writers is coming directly from Cal, per a source.

Before he left Illinois, Orlando Antigua advised Kofi to return to Illinois for another year. I'm pretty confident that advise didn't carry over after the move to UK. Kofi talked to both Illinois and AO before he entered the portal, so...

Heavy hitters connected to Illinois badly wanted Kofi back in Champaign. This was probably the biggest joint recruiting effort in Illinois history.

The report from the Atlantic that its down to Illinois and Florida State blindsided people connected to FSU, so I'm not sure how valid it is. The other school we had heard was LSU, but that was more than a week ago and its been quiet on that front.

The presence of Oscar Tshiebwe on the KY roster was a bigger factor than they're pursuit of Jalen Duren. Maybe they're feeling more confident today, but the last I heard Kentucky wasn't all that confident in landing Duren. Memphis is a serious player, and he may end up in the G-League.

Missing on Dawson Garcia may have been a good thing for Illinois in the end.

What are your questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News