ADVERTISEMENT

A few notes....

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
Ayo is as good as advertised, scores at the rim and finishes at the rim very, very well. So long for guard. He goes for a lot of steals right now, but he can be a lockdown perimeter defender. His jumper isn't as bad as it is made out to be, he can make them, just doesn't have a quick release or a high release. That's something they have had to 'fix' with Trent as well. He will play early and often.

Adam Miller is a high 4 star kid right now, and we will see him be the 'man' in AAU and next season at Morgan Park to determine if he is a 5 star that I think he can be. He's got great range and makes big plays for them in his role. Had 12 points with a pair of deep 3's. Illinois is in VERY good position with him.

I am under the impression that Flo Thamba may not be the answer up front. I think Illinois feels like he is a project and may not push for him as hard now. I don't think Underwood wants any more project big men until they get a couple of studs. We will see.

Illinois is putting in work on Tevian Jones, like him a lot. He's got skills that have really developed and he's a plus athlete. Rivals now has him as a 4 star and top 100 kid. That's a fair representation of his talent.

Maurice Calloo is also interesting, but haven't been getting many vibes either way from him of late. Will check in soon.

Rumors surrounding Okoro and a possible spring commitment are out there. Illinois seems to be a clear leader.

With Liddell, he liked what he saw from Illinois. He has so many people in his ear right now, but Illinois has turned up the heat on him. Biggest priority in 2019, IMO.

Lots of 5th year transfer buzz as well around the country. Program boosters talking to players through intermediaries. Basically, I would never redshirt a guy any more unless it was based on injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News