ADVERTISEMENT

Why I believe the computers over the voters for Illinois

IlliniJoe81

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
Computer rankings put us as a Top 10 team, as high as #5.
Voters (we’ll see the AP poll soon) put us in the teens.
I like the computers better because they look at the entire roster rather than the headliners. The voters see the loss of Dosunmu and no big-name additions. Where they like us depends on how they like Curbelo.
Voters also see Adam Miller and Giorgi as losses. Computers know they weren’t very good and fully appreciate the magnitude of the upgrades in Plummer and Payne.
We can field a rotation based on known quantities and the computers see how that adds up. We don’t have to project 5* recruits that might not pan out (Michigan) or have the majority of our roster coming from other places (Kentucky, Texas.)
This is a very projectable team and the projections are very favorable. There’s a reason why Brad Underwood is so confident going into the season. (I won’t even consider how much we’ve owned Purdue and Michigan, our main competition the last two years but I don’t think that’s a fluke either.)
I’m a homer every year but I’m feeling very good going into this season. I don’t think we have that elite National Championship roster but there could be some banners hanging at the start of next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News