Will have a lot more insight after we play Kansas. First let me try the 10-deep

PG: Rodgers, Harmon
SG: Shannon, Harris
SF: Domask, Guerrier
PF: Goode, Hansberry
C: Hawkins, Dainja

Bench: DGL, Moretti

Now I’ll try minutes
Shannon (32), Hawkins (32), Domask (28), Goode (20), Rodgers (20), Dainja (16), Guerrier (16), Hansberry (12), Harmon (12), DGL (8), Harris (4), Moretti (0)

I feel good about Shannon and Hawkins getting a ton of minutes. Domask seems like a guy that you can’t keep off the court.

4-9 on the depth chart is kind of the mushy middle. 12-20 minutes for 6 guys. I’m not sure how we’ll play to our depth or if some guys will distinguish themselves.

One-dimensional players like Harris and Moretti won’t see much time but might be useful as guard depth or a change of pace.

I’m very curious if Hansberry outplays Dainja and takes some of his minutes. I think Underwood likes Hansberry at the 4 and Hawkins at the 5. Dainja can still overpower some guys but he isn’t as versatile or high-motor.

You need to have 3 shooters on the floor at all times to run any semblance of an offense with spacing. Non-shooters right now are Rodgers, Harris, Hansberry, and Dainja. That may limit some of their minutes and combinations that can be deployed.

I still think this team needs a real PG to be efficient offensively. I think Harmon sees some time at the PG position (Shannon will probably have the ball in his hands) just because he can shoot. The opportunity is there for DGL. I see some talent but he will need to limit mistakes.

We have good size at the wing but may be limited by 3PT%. Offensive rebounding will be a necessity for this team. I’m partial to Hansberry but I really think he cleans up a lot of mistakes and will become a fan favorite. Putbacks from offensive rebounds are very efficient.

Still lots of questions and much will be revealed as the competition level rises.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News