ADVERTISEMENT

Three Questions for the Board and some old Illini transfer updates.........

Greg Ohlson

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2002
Three questions for the board:

1)Does anyone believe that this team can win the whole thing come March.......are they a legitimate NCAA champion contender? Why or why not.......

2)I don't think Underwood is going anywhere but the rumors of him maybe wanting to head back to his alma mater at Kansas State got me thinking. If for some crazy reason, he took off for another job, would you feel that Chester Frazier and Gonzaga's Roger Powell would become the top two candidates or would you want someone else to lead the Illini?

3)Which of the following will be having the most impact on our team next season?? Why?

A)Dain Dainja
B)Ty Rodgers
C)Jayden Epps
D)Sencire Harris

Now for your transfer updates:

Class of 2015 is a mystery except for 25 year-old (yes 25 year-old) Jalen Coleman-Lands, who is wearing #55 and averaging just over 4 points a game for the Kansas Jayhawks

I couldn't find whether DJ Williams or Aaron Jordan were still playing overseas or somewhere, probably not due to covid

Darius Paul is in France still serving out his 20 year sentence........just kidding......

2016 is still a part of NCAA hoops as Te'Jon Lucas is averaging 10 points and 4 assists as the starting point guard for BYU this year

Matic Vesel is now 23 years old and has been playing the last three years for LTH Castings in Slovenia....he's averaging 9.5 pts and 4.9 rebounds this year

Mark Smith is averaging 10 and 8 for Kansas State....in their last two games, losses to Baylor and KU, he has shot 3 for 18.......which surprises absolutely no one on this board......

Greg Eboigbodin played the last two seasons for Northeastern but didn't play in any games this year before entering the transfer portal in December......he will have two year of eligibility left

Anthony Higgs is officially missing.........have no clue where this guy is today

Alan Griffin left Syracuse early (NOT SMART) and that led to averaging 1pt a game on the Lakers summer league team, then he played four games for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the G League before he was cut in December, and then he got signed and then quickly cut by the Westchester (NY) Knicks in January (six days ago to be exact).....maybe playing another season for Boeheim would have helped

Samba Kane.....you gotta love Samba.....is averaging a whopping 0.7pts per game and 3.7 rebounds for Wisconsin-Milwaukee........and even though he is a teammate of the great Patrick Baldwin Jr. they are still 7-14 on the season........ouch....

Then of course, we have Tevian Jones, who is averaging 15 points and almost 5 rebounds for Southern Utah......and yes, he just went off for 36 and 10 in their last game against Portland State but before you get too excited, he shoots A LOT......he went 5 of 8 from three-point range in that 36-point outburst but he's 10 of 44 in his last 7 games from three-point range and is shooting a pathetic 37.5% from the floor on the season

Bernard Kouma....yeah, I know....it's only been three years and somehow you had already forgot about Bernard.......well, he's on Oklahoma State but I doubt their fans even know......he's averaging 1.4pts in 5 games played this year

But the Hammer........Jermaine Hamlin is averaging a respectful 6.8 pts and 3.3 rebounds for Eastern Illinois this season.....

There you go......some fun updates and make sure to answer the three questions......interested to see if any of you think we can go all the way......oh and if you have seen Darius Paul or Anthony Higgs anytime recently, please provide us with an update.....thanks.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News