ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

If all you care about is what’s in the best interest of America, you wouldn’t be making ignorant posts equating Israel with a 20% citizenship of Arabs with a group of people so bad that Arab countries don’t want them. They have all moved south to Rafah. Egypt has in the meantime scrambled to make their wall bigger. Hamas just fired rockets at a checkpoint that was made to bring humanitarian aid into Gaza. Did stonedhead take over your account?
I don’t like Islamic fundamentalists . I think they are a scourge in the world and should be resisted . However, consider this

“If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”
David Ben-Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.

“Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves … politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves… The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country. … Behind the terrorism [by the Arabs] is a movement, which though primitive is not devoid of idealism and self sacrifice.”
— David Ben Gurion. Quoted on pp 91-2 of

I don’t want to pretend that one side is holy and is carrying out the will of God while the other has no right to be there .

it’s truly amazing that you would even consider America going to war after a terrorist attack on a foreign country.

You said the next terrorist attack would take us into a war. You didn’t say a terror attack on American soil. Of course that would cause us to go to war.

I didn’t say we should go to war over an attack in a different country. I was questioning why you think we would.

It seems like Presidents are pretty afraid to commit American troops to any significant war beyond an attempt by China to invade Taiwan.
I remember stopping communism in Viet Nam, Panama, Grenada, Cuba, and other countries around here and there.

You said the next terrorist attack would take us into a war. You didn’t say a terror attack on American soil. Of course that would cause us to go to war.

I didn’t say we should go to war over an attack in a different country. I was questioning why you think we would.
My bad. I intended terrorism that targeted Americans specifically(I realize there were some American dual citizens that were kidnapped on Oct 7and probably murdered by now).

Reactions: rillaman
His border policy was better than the current one, which is the choice.

I think everyone but you and stonedax know this.
@stoneaxe27 wants the border to be open. There is a reason that he hates a guy like Orban that stands in the way of open borders and unvetted immigration . Immigration in the US should be about bringing in the best and most talented people in the world along legal pathways.

Truman was advised, once he was aware of The Manhattan Project, that he would SAVE 1,000,000 + American casualties from the land invasion of Japan. Not to mention the Japanese killed or wounded, above the losses from the fire bombing of Toyoko. Which was MORE that Hiroshima AND Nagasaki combined!

It could be said in World War 2 there were few innocent civilians Japanese or German.
I know that’s why the bombs were dropped. You are likely proud we are still the only country that has ever done it.

I don’t like Islamic fundamentalists . I think they are a scourge in the world and should be resisted . However, consider this

“If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”
David Ben-Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.

“Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves … politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves… The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country. … Behind the terrorism [by the Arabs] is a movement, which though primitive is not devoid of idealism and self sacrifice.”
— David Ben Gurion. Quoted on pp 91-2 of

I don’t want to pretend that one side is holy and is carrying out the will of God while the other has no right to be there .
You had to go back 60 years to find somebody who said what you claimed Israelis think on a grand scale? You apparently still don’t know jack about the middle east, Israel or the Palestinians despite links provided to educate you.

No. We just dropped a couple of atomic bombs on innocent Japanese people.
The US also firebombed Toyko in 1945 killing 100,000 innocent Japanese and left 1 million homeless. Does it really matter if they were killed by traditional or atomic bombs? Would it have been more moral to kill more innocent Japanese with traditional bombing?

One of the reasons that the US used the atomic bombs was to end the war before Russia entered the Pacific and made a land grab in the east. Imagine a partioned Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtrain79
The US also firebombed Toyko in 1945 killing 100,000 innocent Japanese and left 1 million homeless. Does it really matter if they were killed by traditional or atomic bombs? Would it have been more moral to kill more innocent Japanese with traditional bombing?

One of the reasons that the US used the atomic bombs was to end the war before Russia entered the Pacific and made a land grab in the east. Imagine a partioned Japan.

Reactions: JeffT818
You had to go back 60 years to find somebody who said what you claimed Israelis think on a grand scale? You apparently still don’t know jack about the middle east, Israel or the Palestinians despite links provided to educate you.
Ben Gurion isn’t just somebody. He is the first prime minister of Israel and had a major role in the formation of the state. I think you have aligned yourself with one side and will never see this as a neutral party. You think those people aren’t going to remember what happened 60 years ago? Are you going to deny they were forced out of their land ? I mean even the first Israeli prime minister doesn’t….As I have said repeatedly, I wouldn’t get too deeply involved in this conflict ….

Last edited:
@stoneaxe27 wants the border to be open. There is a reason that he hates a guy like Orban that stands in the way of open borders and unvetted immigration . Immigration in the US should be about bringing in the best and most talented people in the world along legal pathways.
Immigration is more nuanced then you think. We want the best and brightest, and should provide for their entry. But we also need laborers and agricultural workers. My Grandfathers came as laborers 125 years ago. We need millions of workers, as those living in Florida, Texas most states should realize. We should provide work visas.

Remember when the leaders in this country shut down schools, parks, and beaches….while leaving dispensaries, liquor stores and fast food restaurants open?

Last edited:
Immigration is more nuanced then you think. We want the best and brightest, and should provide for their entry. But we also need laborers and agricultural workers. My Grandfathers came as laborers 125 years ago. We need millions of workers, as those living in Florida, Texas most states should realize. We should provide work visas.
That’s not what is happening now….its pure chaos

Great! I am glad when the Dems had control of making US law in 2020 they made legal immigration streamlined for legal workers to come in. Oh, wait... 👀

• Love
Reactions: flight 33
Ben Gurion isn’t just somebody. He is the first prime minister of Israel and had a major role in the formation of the state. I think you have aligned yourself with one side and will never see this as a neutral party. You think those people aren’t going to remember what happened 60 years ago? Are you going to deny they were forced out of their land ? I mean even the first Israeli prime minister doesn’t….As I have said repeatedly, I wouldn’t get too deeply involved in this conflict ….
Israel was formed in 1948. You had to go back a long way. We are discussing today. 2024. For some reason you think it’s OK to equate Israeli’s and Jews with Palestinians. You are way off the mark. Arab countries do not accept Palestinians in their countries. Why is that? I already provided the information, but you conveniently ignored it. BTW, in 2005 Israel eliminated 21 settlements they had inside the Gaza Strip. There were the remaining Israeli’s who hadn’t taken government money for their homes/relocation and the Israeli military evicted them all and demolished the Israeli settlements. Unilateral movement by Israel. While Israel with her 20% Arab Israeli citizenship is doing what it can to promote peace, you equate them with people who won’t stop until they have destroyed Israel and occupy all of the land from the river to the sea.

I know that’s why the bombs were dropped. You are likely proud we are still the only country that has ever done it.
You should query Drano on what your initial response to my correcting your hatred of America World War 2 policies; he would have told you not to post what you think my thoughts were: "Facts not in evidence !"

Israel was formed in 1948. You had to go back a long way. We are discussing today. 2024. For some reason you think it’s OK to equate Israeli’s and Jews with Palestinians. You are way off the mark. Arab countries do not accept Palestinians in their countries. Why is that? I already provided the information, but you conveniently ignored it. BTW, in 2005 Israel eliminated 21 settlements they had inside the Gaza Strip. There were the remaining Israeli’s who hadn’t taken government money for their homes/relocation and the Israeli military evicted them all and demolished the Israeli settlements. Unilateral movement by Israel. While Israel with her 20% Arab Israeli citizenship is doing what it can to promote peace, you equate them with people who won’t stop until they have destroyed Israel and occupy all of the land from the river to the sea.
Prior to the unprovoked terrorist attack on Israel, there were approx 200,000 Arab residents of Gaza that had daily work permits to cross the border and work IN Israel !

Great! I am glad when the Dems had control of making US law in 2020 they made legal immigration streamlined for legal workers to come in. Oh, wait... 👀
There was a reformation of immigration act ready to go, but your leader Trump, and his Republican minions in the House and Senate, killed it. Remember?

You should query Drano on what your initial response to my correcting your hatred of America World War 2 policies; he would have told you not to post: "Facts not in evidence !"
I’ve never said I hated WWII policies and actions. I’m not dumb enough to think my government’s actions are always morally superior to others.

1948 matters and all the events leading up to it matters. If you want to sweep it under the rug, feel free but it doesn’t give any context to a complicated problem.

Here are how 2 families became American ! The "nuance" was legal immigration !

1. My Grandmother and Grandfather were both born in Scotland. He took employment as a steam shovel operator (highest paying construction workers job, at the time.) at the digging of the Panama Canal. My Grandmother lived in Costa Rica with all the married women, because medical thought at the time was that the air in Panama carried malaria ! My Mom, the youngest, was born in Costa Rica, the rest of total 6 kids in Scotland ! He was injured there on the Canal and everyone in his family was transported to America and granted Citizenship. He was institutionalized the rest of his life and his family lived in Asbury Park, NJ. GMom, who I remember, raised her family on a small pension.

2. Mary Anne's Mom and Dad were both born in Germany on farms near Stuttgart. They immigrated to US (Both were assured of jobs by sponsoring American's in Syracuse.) They came in different ships and eventually met in US Naturalization and English classes, in Syracuse. Married, had 3 children, he built their lifelong house by himself in North Syracuse.

Reactions: rillaman
Here are how 2 families became American ! The "nuance" was legal immigration !

1. My Grandmother and Grandfather were both born in Scotland. He took employment as a steam shovel operator (highest paying construction workers job, at the time.) at the digging of the Panama Canal. My Grandmother lived in Costa Rica with all the married women, because medical thought at the time was that the air in Panama carried malaria ! My Mom, the youngest, was born in Costa Rica, the rest of total 6 kids in Scotland ! He was injured there on the Canal and everyone in his family was transported to America and granted Citizenship. He was institutionalized the rest of his life and his family lived in Asbury Park, NJ. GMom, who I remember, raised her family on a small pension.

2. Mary Anne's Mom and Dad were both born in Germany on farms near Stuttgart. They immigrated to US (Both were assured of jobs by sponsoring American's in Syracuse.) They came in different ships and eventually met in US Naturalization and English classes, in Syracuse. Married, had 3 children, he built their lifelong house by himself in North Syracuse.
@lckrame83 will love this post

1948 matters and all the events leading up to it matters. If you want to sweep it under the rug, feel free but it doesn’t give any context to a complicated problem.
You moved the goal post significantly. You went from trying to find a bunch of Israeli's who want to want to wipe out Palestinians with the same hate Palestinians have toward Israeli's/Jewish people to now saying 1948 created a complicated issue.

Beats Japan and Germany for STARTING WW 2 !

America ended it and SAVED millions of lives in doing so !
My government jammed a shitty vaccine for a genetically enhanced flu for the past 3 years, which has injured and/or killed a significant number of people. My government kept kids out of school. What did the Swedes do? Something morally superior. They followed the science.

Now you are reposting leftie wackoos? You must be hard up for content. "industrial diabetes complex" is a classic!

Reactions: Uncoach
You moved the goal post significantly. You went from trying to find a bunch of Israeli's who want to want to wipe out Palestinians with the same hate Palestinians have toward Israeli's/Jewish people to now saying 1948 created a complicated issue.
So, you are going to completely overlook the portion that Palestinian people have been displaced from lands they held ? That means nothing to you? No one is moving anything at all….you just refuse to look at what has happened Over 8 Decades.

So, you are going to completely overlook the portion that Palestinian people have been displaced from lands they held ? That means nothing to you? No one is moving anything at all….you just refuse to look at what has happened Over 8 Decades.
This you leading these kids?

My government jammed a shitty vaccine for a genetically enhanced flu for the past 3 years, which has injured and/or killed a significant number of people. My government kept kids out of school. What did the Swedes do? Something morally superior. They followed the science.
As DID the VAST majority of Countries in the World !

Indict Dr Flip Flop and the Scarf lady !

The UN decision to mandate an Israel as an Independent Country was accepted by majority of the World. This was a decision after 6,000,000 Jewish had been killed in Europe.

The movie "Exodus" generally follows historical events. Watch it !

His border policy was better than the current one, which is the choice.

I think everyone but you and stonedax know this.
No shit. He specifically mentioned fentanyl, which I’ve pointed out multiple times. Trump failed on controlling the fentanyl crisis. Numbers don’t lie.

There were better choices.

This you leading these kids?

This is the kind of post someone who doesn’t want to look at the facts makes. You sound angry. I get it….bend the knee and comply or else. I am sorry I am not as committed as you are to a foreign country. I actually don’t care either way but refuse to accept one side of what has happened like you ..

The UN decision to mandate an Israel as an Independent Country was accepted by majority of the World. This was a decision after 6,000,000 Jewish had been killed in Europe.

The movie "Exodus" generally follows historical events. Watch it !
I understand why Israel was formed. I also understand that Palestinians might have been wronged.

This is the kind of post someone who doesn’t want to look at the facts makes. You sound angry. I get it….bend the knee and comply or else. I am sorry I am not as committed as you are to a foreign country. I actually don’t care either way but refuse to accept one side of what has happened like you ..
I know the facts. You ignored a bunch of facts to pivot (your moving goal post) to where you have now. Did Stonedaxe steal your password? Tell me what happened in 1948 specifically. Israel was formed in 1947. There was a war. Then another one in 1967, another in 1973, etc with all kinds of action in between and since. Why does Israel need the Iron Dome and other tech to shoot down missles ranging from ballistic to cruise to short range? IIRC they had to use everything in their arsenal recently. Did you forget? Did the Israeli's start that? Yes or no? Why are the only Jews in Gaza hostages, but Israel's citizenry is made up of 20% Arabs?

Reactions: BigWill
I know the facts. You ignored a bunch of facts to pivot (your moving goal post) to where you have now. Did Stonedaxe steal your password? Tell me what happened in 1948 specifically. Israel was formed in 1947. There was a war. Then another one in 1967, another in 1973, etc with all kinds of action in between and since. Why does Israel need the Iron Dome and other tech to shoot down missles ranging from ballistic to cruise to short range? IIRC they had to use everything in their arsenal recently. Did you forget? Did the Israeli's start that? Yes or no? Why are the only Jews in Gaza hostages, but Israel's citizenry is made up of 20% Arabs?
All of what you are saying is true . Doesn’t mean that it’s the entire story. At the end of the day , I don’t really care about anything other than what is in the best interest of Americans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT