ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

No, they did not win the case, the Board felt a "strong" need to settle, so the pushed a mediated settlement. The Board was the force behind getting everyone to settle the case. As you said, they realized they were cutting off their nose to spite their face. Disney is going to do what-ever it wants to do in Florida, it is the multi-Billion Dollar elephant. When the Board got some assurances that some of its economic concerns were limited by agreement, and Disney received acknowledgement that it could continue to operate as it always had, they settled. DeSantis got nothing, he bad mouthed the Mouse that everyone loves, and he found the State and local governments were going to have to shoulder the economics which Disney had paid in full when it "was" the Board. Mad scramble to undue the PR move that didn't generate good PR.
I'm old enough to remember when Bob Iger threatened to stop investing in Florida - just last May. An idle threat if ever there was one since expansion of landlocked Disneyland (unsurprising that Train supported DEM CA over R FL with his idol RDS, but whatever) is nearly impossible and cost prohibitive.

Iger quietly submitted to RDS and Disney stock has rebounded in part to his acquiescence.

I didn’t advise anything you ****ing chode.

I pointed out that you bragging about $DJT reaching an all time high and how your savior was profiting billions was ****ing stupid. It’s tanked 50% since you posted, yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

You’re a sad old man obsessed with an idiot celebrity and are so captured that you’re incapable of acknowledging a single flaw. It’s pathetic.
Wow, the 'Roid rage continues or is it the vax rage? Either way, that is no way to respect your elders. Someday you will be a bitter old man instead of your current status as a bitter middle-aged man. I get it, you live in Illinois and didn't get the presidential candidate you wanted - like most everyone. Get over it, choose the lesser of the two evils (whether that is BIden or Trump) and enjoy life as best you can.

Reactions: ILisBest

The price ? 8 BILLION dollars !
dr-evil-one-million-dollars-360x225.jpg
Almost 24 hours later. No likes. No laughs. Does no one here have a sense of effing humor? Too young to remember these movies? Yikes!

• Haha
Reactions: ILisBest
Wow, the 'Roid rage continues or is it the vax rage? Either way, that is no way to respect your elders. Someday you will be a bitter old man instead of your current status as a bitter middle-aged man. I get it, you live in Illinois and didn't get the presidential candidate you wanted - like most everyone. Get over it, choose the lesser of the two evils (whether that is BIden or Trump) and enjoy life as best you can.
Oh look, Dr. TJ is back with some more vax talk.

I'm old enough to remember when Bob Iger threatened to stop investing in Florida - just last May. An idle threat if ever there was one since expansion of landlocked Disneyland (unsurprising that Train supported DEM CA over R FL with his idol RDS, but whatever) is nearly impossible and cost prohibitive.

Iger quietly submitted to RDS and Disney stock has rebounded in part to his acquiescence.

Bosum buddies in our beliefs: Drano, TJ, Coach, and Big Will !

Another eclipse !

Did you short it and make a boatload of money since you knew this was coming?
This seems to be the standard response from the cultists.

Nobody making fun of Big Swill came on here saying anything about $DJT. He’s the one that told us how rich your savior was getting off the scam stonk.

He was hilariously wrong. He could simply own it, but that would require him admitting his orange calf’s business is failing.

• Haha
Reactions: dtrain79
Did you short it and make a boatload of money since you knew this was coming? It would help make 2024 another record AGI year for you!

I have no idea how to short a stock, and have never claimed to. I use an investment advisor and basically tell him to be as aggressive as he can.

The Trump stock was pretty obviously wildly overvalued. It will be a miracle if Truth Social ever makes any money.

Reactions: bung23
For a guy who refuses to invest in the market, you sure claim to know a lot about the market. Since you claim to understand the market then you are just plain stupid not to invest in the market since it is totally rigged to go up.
You really can't lose provided you don't invest in stupid stuff. Here is a safe portfolio for you Jeff: XOM, P&G, COST, MSFT, APPL, ABBV, BRKB. Nothing outlandish and you will make solid dividend income accompanied by growth with little risk. You will also be able to sleep at night and should stay ahead of the ever-present and growing inflationary pressure that you put in office in 2020.
I invest in the market through mutual funds but I don't buy individual stocks for reasons I have already stated.

I didn’t advise anything you ****ing chode.

I pointed out that you bragging about $DJT reaching an all time high and how your savior was profiting billions was ****ing stupid. It’s tanked 50% since you posted, yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

You’re a sad old man obsessed with an idiot celebrity and are so captured that you’re incapable of acknowledging a single flaw. It’s pathetic.
Your posts to BW are a little over the top. Are you ok?

No, they did not win the case, the Board felt a "strong" need to settle, so the pushed a mediated settlement. The Board was the force behind getting everyone to settle the case. As you said, they realized they were cutting off their nose to spite their face. Disney is going to do what-ever it wants to do in Florida, it is the multi-Billion Dollar elephant. When the Board got some assurances that some of its economic concerns were limited by agreement, and Disney received acknowledgement that it could continue to operate as it always had, they settled. DeSantis got nothing, he bad mouthed the Mouse that everyone loves, and he found the State and local governments were going to have to shoulder the economics which Disney had paid in full when it "was" the Board. Mad scramble to undue the PR move that didn't generate good PR.

Let's go over this again, and you tell me what of these things isn't true.

1. Disney lost the case it brought against Florida's enactment of the law imposing the oversight Board. It's on appeal, but the chances it would win are slim.

2. The Board sued Disney because Disney sought to impose a Development Agreement on Reedy Creek that applied for like 20 years. Disney and the Board have settled their lawsuit with Disney agreeing to nullify the Development Agreement.

Since none of that is false, you are making the argument that DeSantis set out to destroy Disney or reduce its park attendance or something else. You are also implying that you think DeSantis had some sort of goal to limit Disney's ability to develop in the future. This is all rank - and frankly I believe - moronic speculation. I think RDS simply wanted leverage over Disney in case it acts in a way perceived to be contrary to the interests of Florida/its government. Again, you can argue all you want that having such power is troubling/problematic, but Disney itself made the deal with Florida to get all sorts of special privileges, which means the Florida government might want a partner who isn't beefing with it in return.

So I will again point out - I fully expect the Board to work with Disney to create as much growth as they can reasonably get.

We went to Florida for our summer vacation in 2021 - Naples.

We went to California for our summer vacation in 2022 - Santa Barbara and Disneyland.

We went to Grand Cayman last year and are headed to Berlin/Portugal/Spain this year.

Not sure how my vacations are political fodder for you. I actually said they are apolitical, because I'm a rational person like most of the rest of the world. Maybe you should try that for a year or two ... assume that politics isn't important enough to dictate vacation.

Separately, we went to DisneyWorld in 2019 and will likely go back in the next few years.

I’m fantastic. Old man constantly spews nothing but bullshit and repeatedly tries to belittle my career but I’m the one that’s over the top because I used a curse word. Got it.

If they are defending BigWill's act, it's them with problems. BW pimped the DJT stock, and it's tanked like crazy since. He deserves to get heat for it.

I do see the meme buyers are pushing it back up the last two days. Wake me up when it turns a profit of some sort.

Let's go over this again, and you tell me what of these things isn't true.

1. Disney lost the case it brought against Florida's enactment of the law imposing the oversight Board. It's on appeal, but the chances it would win are slim.

2. The Board sued Disney because Disney sought to impose a Development Agreement on Reedy Creek that applied for like 20 years. Disney and the Board have settled their lawsuit with Disney agreeing to nullify the Development Agreement.

Since none of that is false, you are making the argument that DeSantis set out to destroy Disney or reduce its park attendance or something else. You are also implying that you think DeSantis had some sort of goal to limit Disney's ability to develop in the future. This is all rank - and frankly I believe - moronic speculation. I think RDS simply wanted leverage over Disney in case it acts in a way perceived to be contrary to the interests of Florida/its government. Again, you can argue all you want that having such power is troubling/problematic, but Disney itself made the deal with Florida to get all sorts of special privileges, which means the Florida government might want a partner who isn't beefing with it in return.

So I will again point out - I fully expect the Board to work with Disney to create as much growth as they can reasonably get.
This is real time recollection from the news down here. DeSantis wanted a PR stunt he was going to show Disney not to F+++with him. He spouted nonsense about Disney being harmful to kids because that fit his protecting kids agenda. He would show Disney and take over its Development District. Then they realized that they really F+++ed up as Disney was paying for all of its own government services thru the DD. It would cost $Millions per year for the State and County to provide those services. They made changes to the DD Board that were pro-Disney after realizing that Disney was in control as a Multi-Billion Dollar business. They pushed hard to settle. Disney agreed to set aside last minute changes they made before losing control of DD in return for DD agreeing to not interfere with Disney's plans for development and growth from something like 2020. Disney agreed to ease concerns of the DD over paying the bills. DeSantis now saying that it wasn't Disney in Orlando that was harmful to children, but the Anaheim group, LOL. Those in Florida agree that he went to war as part of a PR effort in his run for Pres. So what did DeSantis win? Disney is going to do what Disney decides to do unhindered by State. Disney is admitted to be good for kids again. Disney has record crowds in 2024. The PR went against DeSantis as EVERYONE loves Disney, not so much De Santis.

This is real time recollection from the news down here. DeSantis wanted a PR stunt he was going to show Disney not to F+++with him. He spouted nonsense about Disney being harmful to kids because that fit his protecting kids agenda. He would show Disney and take over its Development District. Then they realized that they really F+++ed up as Disney was paying for all of its own government services thru the DD. It would cost $Millions per year for the State and County to provide those services. They made changes to the DD Board that were pro-Disney after realizing that Disney was in control as a Multi-Billion Dollar business. They pushed hard to settle. Disney agreed to set aside last minute changes they made before losing control of DD in return for DD agreeing to not interfere with Disney's plans for development and growth from something like 2020. Disney agreed to ease concerns of the DD over paying the bills. DeSantis now saying that it wasn't Disney in Orlando that was harmful to children, but the Anaheim group, LOL. Those in Florida agree that he went to war as part of a PR effort in his run for Pres. So what did DeSantis win? Disney is going to do what Disney decides to do unhindered by State. Disney is admitted to be good for kids again. Disney has record crowds in 2024. The PR went against DeSantis as EVERYONE loves Disney, not so much De Santis.

I suspect DeSantis - who got almost 60% in 2020 - would have beat "Disney" in the 2022 Governor race in Florida. You don't like DeSantis ... Floridians generally do. Been awhile since anyone has gotten near 60% in a Governor race (maybe JEB! did, not sure).

Disney is not going to "do whatever it wants," unless it decides not to develop. Disney has every right to do that, of course. But if Disney wants to develop, they'll work with the Board to come up with an agreed plan. And you know what - considering its economic development that the state and Disney are both likely to want - they'll work well together. Again, Disney's "legal" goal was to dump or thwart the Board entirely, and Disney completely lost on that front. Disney didn't lose because DeSantis is great or outwitted them or whatever ... Disney lost because their legal position completely sucked from the beginning of the two lawsuits. And their lawyers almost certainly knew that, and advised their client to be collaborative once things calmed down. Florida would be stupid not to be collaborative as well.

I'm not sure you realize that the Disney employee that offended RDS was the weirdo female exec who talked about her transgender and pansexual children in some dumb video. Pretty sure that chick was in LA. Also 100% certain Disney wishes she'd have never made the ill-advised video, it cost them a lot of $$$ and removed their unilateral control over Reedy Creek. Whoops!

We went to Florida for our summer vacation in 2021 - Naples.

We went to California for our summer vacation in 2022 - Santa Barbara and Disneyland.

We went to Grand Cayman last year and are headed to Berlin/Portugal/Spain this year.

Not sure how my vacations are political fodder for you. I actually said they are apolitical, because I'm a rational person like most of the rest of the world. Maybe you should try that for a year or two ... assume that politics isn't important enough to dictate vacation.

Separately, we went to DisneyWorld in 2019 and will likely go back in the next few years.
We go to the caymans every year….great beaches and restaurants…

I’m fantastic. Old man constantly spews nothing but bullshit and repeatedly tries to belittle my career but I’m the one that’s over the top because I used a curse word. Got it.
Counting pills in a white jacket is a career ?

"Manners Maketh Man", the motto of Manlius.

Counting pills in a white jacket is a career ?

"Manners Maketh Man", the motto of Manlius.
It is not cool to make fun of a poster's chosen profession.

You are the message board equivalent of the old grandpa at family gatherings. You constantly tell wild stories and everyone smiles and nods to be polite.

• Love
It is not cool to make fun of a poster's chosen profession.

You are the message board equivalent of the old grandpa at family gatherings. You constantly tell wild stories and everyone smiles and nods to be polite.
It’s fine. His pharmacist tropes are so outdated it just further proves how out of touch he is.

Just don’t preach to me about manners and respecting elders when this tool is constantly spewing nonsense.

For a guy who refuses to invest in the market, you sure claim to know a lot about the market. Since you claim to understand the market then you are just plain stupid not to invest in the market since it is totally rigged to go up.
You really can't lose provided you don't invest in stupid stuff. Here is a safe portfolio for you Jeff: XOM, P&G, COST, MSFT, APPL, ABBV, BRKB. Nothing outlandish and you will make solid dividend income accompanied by growth with little risk. You will also be able to sleep at night and should stay ahead of the ever-present and growing inflationary pressure that you put in office in 2020.
If I were going to own a small basket of stocks, your group is a very good one. I just prefer the mutual fund route.

Reactions: tjfleck6
Forgetting some of the posts in the X thread, I assume what Travis is stating regarding viewership is true. The question is why? I do think these leagues that went political hurt themselves. I mean, why would I want to alienate 1/2 the audience? That’s what Silver has done. However, I think that may be low hanging fruit. I have to wonder if no defense being played is getting to the viewers.

Forgetting some of the posts in the X thread, I assume what Travis is stating regarding viewership is true. The question is why? I do think these leagues that went political hurt themselves. I mean, why would I want to alienate 1/2 the audience? That’s what Silver has done. However, I think that may be low hanging fruit. I have to wonder if no defense being played is getting to the viewers.

Has almost nothing to do with “no defense”, which is a myth.

Has a lot to do with all the different TV networks and subscriptions you need to have these days, and that there are so many options of things to watch.

If you have Comcast, you can’t watch the defending champion Nuggets in Denver. That’s been going on for 4 years now. Crazy, they have lost a generation of viewers, despite having the best team in the league.

It’s kind of amazing when the Democratic Party loses national elections, because the deck is stacked heavily in their favor.

Outside of GOP primary voters, people aren’t idiots and have priced the BS/media lies in for years.

• Haha
Reactions: tjfleck6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT