ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

Also I hope to be in Phoenix on April 8, but if not I will be enjoying the eclipse here.
Come to NYC, the Dems are handing out free Solar eclipse sun glasses/blockers !

I will be in Va. Breach for Wrestling for HS wrestling by grades 9, 10, 11 and 12. Top 8 in each grade become All American.

He was Third last year for All American, Middle School. First was from Georgia, Second from Pennsy, (kid was held back this year in Eighth grade again !). Fourth from NC, that he beat 12 - 5 for third.

Reactions: dtrain79
Hilarious, the Fake News Associated Press went after Moreno and claimed to have corroborating geolocation data proving their case.

I guess geolocation data is meaningful for Moreno, but not for the 2000 mules who went back and forth between Democrat offices and voting drop boxes. That data is pure bullshit and meaningless.

Bottom line, provided you have your cell phone on, the government pretty much knows everything about you.
Or Lawyer Wade !

• Haha
Reactions: tjfleck6
Is the Dem argument that all of Hunter’s associates/partners are criminals, but he’s clean?
Galanis is spending 12 years in prison for FRAUD, his father a mobster spent 25 for fraud. He wanted to be a partner but was not. Trumps Attorney General, U.S. Attorney and a Special Counsel investigated Hunter for 5 years and have a gun charge and two minor failing to pay taxes timely charges. Witness has no credibility and that is the best the Repubs have. Oh sorry, I forgot the last one that is in prison as a Russian agent, or the previous "informant" that disappeared as he was a Chinese agent and gunrunner. Pathetic.

I agree with you on the electric stuff, but you are just wrong on the Japanese, which generally made high quality goods well before penetrating the American market (in fact, many people argue the quality of Japanese cars grabbed such a market share because they were so much better than American models in the 1980s).

It is not impossible for the Chinese to run a few good companies, but they have not shown themselves to be all that adept in marketplaces dependent on quality (in addition to the general issue they have with their own rising labor costs).

And let's be clear, the large majority of world's greatest tech companies are here in the US.
I remember Honda’s in the early-mid 90’s turning into rust buckets fairly quickly. Didn’t use the right steel. But…engines/drivetrains…the guts of Japanese cars were superior. Only thing to come out of Detroit that the Japanese have never truly competed with are full size American trucks. I still get a chuckle out of Lee Iacocca’s Chrysler commercials wrt to the L cars. “If you can find a better car, buy it.” Having driven Chrysler/Plymouth vehicles for my first few cars, there were a lot better cars in the same marketplace available.

I remember Honda’s in the early-mid 90’s turning into rust buckets fairly quickly. Didn’t use the right steel. But…engines/drivetrains…the guts of Japanese cars were superior. Only thing to come out of Detroit that the Japanese have never truly competed with are full size American trucks. I still get a chuckle out of Lee Iacocca’s Chrysler commercials wrt to the L cars. “If you can find a better car, buy it.” Having driven Chrysler/Plymouth vehicles for my first few cars, there were a lot better cars in the same marketplace available.

Good stuff!

First TJ and now Best with plenty of personal attacks but not a single actual piece of evidence to back them up. Please tell me when I've said I'm a Democrat or where I laud the Dem Party repeatedly. I know where I think Dems are better (Ukraine is the big one right now), but on most issues I lean more towards the GOP (or what appears to be the GOP). As I've said repeatedly, I am a classical liberal/Western conservative, which means free markets, free trade, low taxes, deregulation, limited government, a belief America is a force for good in the world, a commitment to international engagement, and American exceptionalism. I am socially center right, but on matters of culture I am completely misaligned with the GOP in the present.

Guys ... it's not that ****ing hard - if you think someone is wrong - to make a cogent argument of why they are wrong. I've asked for these arguments, and I never get them. I do get awesome "Insurrection Barbie" tweets tho.

As I've repeatedly told Best, if he thinks Trump is better than Biden, vote for Trump. I get it. The problem in the GOP isn't people selecting Rs over Ds (I will do it on most of my ballot). It is the apparent commitment of GOP voters to reward the biggest set of cranks, losers, sociopaths, and weirdos in primaries, and it's routinely costing the party elections. Unlike most Republicans, I do not plan on rewarding such candidates with my votes.

But for anyone still following the primaries, Trump basically gets between 74-81% of the vote across bigger states (as he did yesterday in FL/OH/IL/AZ). Between 1 in 4 and 1 in 5 GOP voters won't support him when he's running against ... no one. I love how there's no reflection about this, these people are apparently "Democrats" now. Whatever ... keep challenging them, the minute Democrats aren't running Ancient Mariners, you aren't going to have much success (the GOP should be poised to obliterate Dems in 2024), but instead we have more Trump and a party still divided enough that it's great hope is getting conservative minorities to vote GOP (I guess the craziness of the past decade has had some positives, I suppose).
I truly worry about your law practice and your putting food on the table with the amount of time you spend here !

I have no practice, spend a little time trading options in my Roth, make some $ (like today Morgan Stanley Calls up 60 % in ONE day, in and out, pat myself on the back) (Or the 2 that expired worthless on Friday !) But try to be laconic and succinct when refuting you and others.

Back in the day the NJSP had a contract with Chrysler for their New Yorkers with 440 CU in Police Interceptors with NO pollution devices. They would replace cars that hit 85,000 miles. (Didn't take long with them hitting around 1,000 miles a day !) They were like fast tanks ( 160 MPH +), carried hundreds of pounds of flares, oxygen, first aid, fire extinguishers, etc.) Never got stuck in mud or snow. Under 8 MPG gas mileage with 25 gallon tank.

I'm glad to hear this TJ. I actually think you are a success too, which is part of why I struggle to identify with your political attitude (not necessarily specific policy beliefs). Not many countries where we have it so easy to have huge houses with bad ass grills (I could see you having one), so I'm of the opinion that political radicalization is actually bad.

Now can we start substantively responding to one another's posts rather than whatever has been happening recently? I'm guilty of it too (and probably started it months ago), but I've largely tried to reign it in.
I've got a charcoal Weber. I don't use it enough because I am too lazy. But, the pool is nice. Mind you, the #1 reason to get a pool in Arizona is because most kids who die in a pool die in a neighbor's pool (without adults present) The kids who have a pool learn to swim.

Also I hope to be in Phoenix on April 8, but if not I will be enjoying the eclipse here.

Yes, I hope Illinois is here too.......currently, Biden has shut down traffic on a major road as he visits Intel and hands them $8B for yet another Fab that they have been building since the Trump days.

• Wow
Reactions: dtrain79
Galanis is spending 12 years in prison for FRAUD, his father a mobster spent 25 for fraud. He wanted to be a partner but was not. Trumps Attorney General, U.S. Attorney and a Special Counsel investigated Hunter for 5 years and have a gun charge and two minor failing to pay taxes timely charges. Witness has no credibility and that is the best the Repubs have. Oh sorry, I forgot the last one that is in prison as a Russian agent, or the previous "informant" that disappeared as he was a Chinese agent and gunrunner. Pathetic.

And he was one of Hunter’s partners? Seems pretty suspect to me. Why was he connected to such a shady individual?

Are you saying that they were never connected at all?

March 20, 2024
You could not have asked for more dramatic or more damaging testimony from Lev Parnas in the House Biden impeachment inquiry. But it was damaging to MAGA Republicans, not President Joe Biden.

Parnas began his opening statement by incriminating Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani as masterminds of a scheme to smear Joe and Hunter Biden. Jack Smith, I hope you’re listening:
PARNAS: The American people have been lied to by Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and various cohorts of individuals in government and media positions.
They created falsehoods to serve their own interests, knowing it would undermine the strength of our nation.
From November 2018 to October 2019, I was a key participant and a witness to numerous efforts to prove that Joe and Hunter Biden were linked to corruption in Ukraine.
Rudy Giuliani, on behalf of then-President Donald Trump tasked me with a mission to travel the globe, finding dirt on the Bidens so that an array of networks could spread misinformation about them, thus securing the 2020 election for Donald J.Trump.
Parnas went on to say that when he was arrested, he was linked to an unnamed individual referred to as “Unindicted Co-Conspirator 1.”
“We now know this individual to be Congressman Pete Sessions, who sits on this very committee today,” Parnas added.

Then Parnas continued by destroying the MAGA conspiracy theory.
PARNAS: In nearly a year traveling the world and interviewing officials in different countries, I found precisely zero evidence of the Bidens' corruption in Ukraine.
No credible source has ever provided proof of criminal activity, not the FBI, CIA, nor the NSA.
No respectable Ukrainian official has ever said that the Bidens did anything illegal, including former President Poroshenko and former Prosecutor General Yuri Lutsenko.
Even when CEO of Burisma, Nikola Zlochevsky, was offered a deal by Rudy Giuliani in exchange for information on the Bidens, he provided none because there is none.
The only information ever pushed on the Bidens in Ukraine has come from one source and one source only, Russia and Russian agents.
But wait, there’s more: “Everyone involved knew they were sharing lies,” Parnas said. He knows this “with certainty” because he was “designated the point person in every matter they pursued.”
Then he continued naming names, including members of Congress:
PARNAS: Congressman Pete Sessions, then-Congressman Devin Nunes, Senator Ron
Johnson, and many others understood they were pushing a false narrative.
The same goes for John Solomon, Sean Hannity, and media personnel, particularly at Fox News, who used this narrative to manipulate the public ahead of the 2020 elections.
Sadly, they are still doing this today as we approach the 2024 elections.
“We cannot separate this conspiracy from the Russian-Ukraine war because Trump has no intention to keep aiding Ukraine,” Parnas said. Before thanking the committee and offering to take questions, he closed by saying, “Despite rigorous attempts by those in power to silence me, I will be silenced no longer.”

And he was one of Hunter’s partners? Seems pretty suspect to me. Why was he connected to such a shady individual?

Are you saying that they were never connected at all?
He wanted to start a business with Hunter, as did BOBULOSKI (fatboy)they never did.

I remember a couple people on here saying Trump not testifying in the Carroll trial was an indication that the incident happened. Same assumption with Biden not testifying in front of the committee today?

I've got a charcoal Weber. I don't use it enough because I am too lazy. But, the pool is nice. Mind you, the #1 reason to get a pool in Arizona is because most kids who die in a pool die in a neighbor's pool (without adults present) The kids who have a pool learn to swim.

Yeah, I definitely don't have a pool, it would be the whole backyard living in a city, though my builder should have set the home 6-8 feet further towards the street, because the front yard is really big (and much nicer than the back). I also go with the Weber grill, but gas. It's nice, nothing fancy. We do a lot of steak grilling and some other stuff, but outside of steaks I am not a grillmaster.

Fortunately we taught ours to swim super early and we go to the "private pool" (nothing exceptional) about 2-3x a week every summer. Probably joining a country club in the next 18 months.

I remember a couple people on here saying Trump not testifying in the Carroll trial was an indication that the incident happened. Same assumption with Biden not testifying in front of the committee today?

Which Biden? If it's Hunter, sure. If it's Joe, why would you ever allow yourself to be cross-examined with no upside.? So I think you may be a bit confused, Trump's issue was that the jury might assume it happened because the other side can argue to the jury that no testifying is an admission of wrongdoing (civil case only, never criminal).

The response to this is that you are again wrong.

Seats are allocated to STATES, which draw their own Congressional districts. In fact, each state has an Electoral vote total of their number of Cong Districts plus 2 (because each state has two Senators).

So the red states get to draw their own districts. And the blue states their own. So again, if Dems get two more CDs because of the illegal immigrant locations … they get to draw two more seats. Not some multiple of that.

Stop arguing. Musk has no ****ing idea of what he’s talking about here. His argument is utter BS and completely wrong. It’s not even close to being right.

In fact, the more Musk talks about American politics, the more obvious it is he has the same lack of understanding of it as the average American. Which is a bit funny.
Congressional districts are drawn based on population. I am not saying they are not manipulated on where the lines are drawn to favor certain parties. They just redrew our district to favor democrats but there are population requirements established. Therefore , heavily populated urban areas will benefit from illegal migration.….

Which Biden? If it's Hunter, sure. If it's Joe, why would you ever allow yourself to be cross-examined with no upside.? So I think you may be a bit confused, Trump's issue was that the jury might assume it happened because the other side can argue to the jury that no testifying is an admission of wrongdoing (civil case only, never criminal).

Yes, I’m talking about Hunter

Did he ever meet with them?
Bobulinski described meeting Joe Biden in May 2017 at a California hotel where Biden delivered a cancer “moonshot” speech. He said he met Joe Biden in a hotel bar the night before the speech, and the two talked about their families and Bobulinski’s business background. The next day, after the speech, Bobulinski said he briefly talked to Biden again.
“He thanked me for helping his son and brother, and asked me to keep an eye on them as I walked him out to his car,” Bobulinski said.
Democrats previously pointed out, after Bobulinski related his encounters with Joe Biden during a closed-door interview last month, that according to Bobulinski’s own description, his conversations with Joe Biden weren’t about business. On Wednesday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) asked if he was saying he personally witnessed Biden commit a crime.
“I believe the fact that he was sitting with me while I was putting together a business deal,” Bobulinski said, later suggesting Biden had violated corruption and racketeering laws.

Bobulinski described meeting Joe Biden in May 2017 at a California hotel where Biden delivered a cancer “moonshot” speech. He said he met Joe Biden in a hotel bar the night before the speech, and the two talked about their families and Bobulinski’s business background. The next day, after the speech, Bobulinski said he briefly talked to Biden again.
“He thanked me for helping his son and brother, and asked me to keep an eye on them as I walked him out to his car,” Bobulinski said.
Democrats previously pointed out, after Bobulinski related his encounters with Joe Biden during a closed-door interview last month, that according to Bobulinski’s own description, his conversations with Joe Biden weren’t about business. On Wednesday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) asked if he was saying he personally witnessed Biden commit a crime.
“I believe the fact that he was sitting with me while I was putting together a business deal,” Bobulinski said, later suggesting Biden had violated corruption and racketeering laws.

I was talking about Hunter. Just curious if the entire story being told is made up, or just some of it.

I guess Hunter could just be the unluckiest guy in the world, and didn’t realize he was associating with mobsters/criminals.

Congressional districts are drawn based on population. I am not saying they are not manipulated on where the lines are drawn to favor certain parties. They just redrew our district to favor democrats but there are population requirements established. Therefore , heavily populated urban areas will benefit from illegal migration.….

Yes, if you accept the breakdown I provided that red states had 1.5-2Mless illegal immigrants in 2020, the expectation would be that blue states were allocated 2-3 seats they would not have received but for the existence of any illegal immigrants.

So best case, Elon’s game was like 85% incorrect.

I was talking about Hunter. Just curious if the entire story being told is made up, or just some of it.

I guess Hunter could just be the unluckiest guy in the world, and didn’t realize he was associating with mobsters/criminals.
Hunter isn't President , or the one facing impeachment by the Goober and Gomer Republican committee. He wasn't a member of the government at any time. Why do they or you care who he met?

Hunter isn't President , or the one facing impeachment by the Goober and Gomer Republican committee. He wasn't a member of the government at any time. Why do they or you care who he met?

Same reason Dems targeted Trump Jr and Eric. Common sense. Just for the sake of transparency, I was never against his family being investigated. I want corruption removed from Washington. I know that will never happen, but I don’t mind shady family members being investigated.

For Rill:

This what you want?

Yes, would be a smart move on Trump’s part. Would align him with a significant part of the country, and would help with the female vote. No brainer.

Yes, would be a smart move on Trump’s part. Would align him with a significant part of the country, and would help with the female vote. No brainer.

I don’t think Rs pushing a national abortion timeline will go anything but terribly for Rs.

15 weeks popular in many states, but as a national mandate … be skeptical.

Reactions: bung23
I don’t think Rs pushing a national abortion timeline will go anything but terribly for Rs.

I just have a hard time believing that a bunch of Republicans are going to turn into Democrats over abortion. Plenty of other issues that should prevent that from happening.

But I’m open to hearing your reasoning. My position on abortion has changed a bit over the years, and it could continue to change over time.

Do you think it would kill the momentum that the GOP is seeing with minorities?

Last edited:

this I agree on from a political sense. I find abortion to be abhorrent . However , I have come to the harsh reality that it is not enforceable to force births on people determined to kill their children. Politically, it is suicide for the republicans and the Democrats know it. Every 8$ latte drinking, climate change crusading , BLm supporting white liberal female will be punching straight Democrat because of it and no other reason…

Yes, if you accept the breakdown I provided that red states had 1.5-2Mless illegal immigrants in 2020, the expectation would be that blue states were allocated 2-3 seats they would not have received but for the existence of any illegal immigrants.

So best case, Elon’s game was like 85% incorrect.
You should at least concede that this analysis has too numerous a confounding variable to make an accurate prediction….but as usual , the truth almost always is in the middle. If you find Elon’s prediction to be embellished , so is yours…

this I agree on from a political sense. I find abortion to be abhorrent . However , I have come to the harsh reality that it is not enforceable to force births on people determined to kill their children. Politically, it is suicide for the republicans and the Democrats know it. Every 8$ latte drinking, climate change crusading , BLm supporting white liberal female will be punching straight Democrat because of it and no other reason…

I have a personal anecdote that goes against this. My MIL has always voted Democrat because of the GOP on abortion. In recent years, she has lost all faith in Biden and is worried about the border and some other issues. She has told me that the GOP changing position on abortion would likely lead her to vote red.

I know of two Dads in my neighborhood that have said similar things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT