ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for Brad and the board

TRAF113

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2011
Since we are stuck in the depth of the off season, why not start a thread about our incoming players.

What can we expect in the short term? How about long term?

What are the feelings on ceilings? Floors of these guys?

What positions does everyone see them filling in the future?

Who is the biggest surprise?

My thoughts:

Mike Finke - Is he big enough to truly bang a bit? Is he ever going to be that type? Or will we always look at a face up type of big? Love his overall skillset at that size, good enough athleticism, pretty fluid not lumbering. Can put the ball on the floor a bit, love his ability to pass and make open shots.

Darius Paul - Will the motor be always running? Will he keep his head on straight? I already know he is a plus passer out of the high post, and put up pretty good rebounding numbers. Never will be a plus athlete, more of an under the rim player.

Jalen Coleman-Lands - One of the best shooters/scorers in the midwest, I think he definitely has first team all BIG potential down the line. We have not had an "instant impact" type of freshman in a long time it seems, can he break that trend? Can he be a 35-40% 3FG% shooter as a freshman? Can he develop into a combo?

Aaron Jordan - I am a big fan of this kid, no one is going to outwork him that is for sure. 100% gym rat who continues to grow into his body. Has a sweet, quick release from deep. He is the biggest wildcard for me personally...

DJ Williams - I just don't see him ever being able to play spot minutes as a point forward type, but I see a highly skilled tweener 4/3 type who can do a little bit of everything well. Good passer, rebounder, long, athletic, but will the motor always be there? I wonder if not having to be the man will be a good thing for him. Could see at least being a great rotational player for years, or I could see him stuck to the bench for awhile. Classic boom or bust type for me. Just love his size and skill and ability to finish easily with either hand, it is a lost art.

Reactions: Bashman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News