ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of crummy teams this year

IlliniJoe81

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
Outside of Zach Edey (let's see if he's still 100% by March), college basketball stinks this year.

2nd place in the Big Ten could be 13-7.
2nd place in the Big 12 could be 11-7.

Does any team really scare you in March?

Ohio State is 11-11 and they are #32 in KenPom.
Connecticut (17-6), Marquette (18-5), and Creighton (14-8) are 6th, 8th, and 11th in KenPom. Anyone can and has beaten these teams.

Duke is garbage, North Carolina is garbage, Kentucky is garbage, Michigan State is garbage, and Villanova is garbage. Louisville is 3-19.

As I type this, #3 Houston is trailing 11-10 Wichita State in the 2nd half (they will probably win, but still.) #2 Tennessee lost by double digits yesterday. Alabama lost by 24 on Saturday to a team that is 12-10 and they are still #4.

Kansas is still pretty good. That's about the only sanity left in this season.

This is how Illinois can still look like garbage for 20 minutes a night and win 7 of 8. Everyone else is awful too. If this team ever really gets rolling, the entire bracket is wide open (unless you believe a 7'4" 290 lb human being can play 30 mpg and hold up for an entire season...maybe it's true but I'll believe it when I see it. Greg Oden looked unstoppable until we remembered why most people aren't 7 feet tall.)

In college basketball now you don't have to be good for an entire season, you just have to be good for 6 games at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News