ADVERTISEMENT

Looking around the Big Ten

IlliniJoe81

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
Purdue obviously the best, although they are very Edey-dependent.

Indiana looking really good too. TJD is dominating and their 5* freshman is huge for them. I’d probably put them 2nd overall.

Illinois is probably #3 in the conference. Should be in the Top 25.

Next tier is Rutgers/Maryland. Not quite Top 25 (Rutgers losing Mag hurts them, not quite sure how much) but safely in the tournament. Iowa is in that conversation but probably the #6.

Michigan State should make the NCAAs as the 7th Big Ten team but some work to do. Northwestern hanging around but I’ll put them a clear #8 and barely on the good side of the bubble. They are a bit of a mirage record-wise.

It gets ugly after that. Michigan might be .500 overall on Selection Sunday and they are probably 9th. NCAAs not likely at all for them. Penn State is also 14-11 and hopefully we bury them Tuesday. Wisconsin just torched their NCAA hopes losing in OT at Nebraska.

Ohio State is so good at losing close games that they will likely finish below Nebraska in the standings. Nebraska is probably happy with 12th place. Nuff said.

Minnesota is on par with low major teams like UMKC. They are so bad that we can’t lock up a NCAA bid before we play them because a theoretical loss would just be too damaging.

Really bad year for Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. In the age of transfers and NILs, missing the NCAAs can easily make you a second-tier Big Ten program for a while. I shed no tears for them.

Reactions: Illinifletch and pt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News