ADVERTISEMENT

Let me chug some orange kool-aid here…

IlliniJoe81

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
There’s a lot to like about this Illinois team and where we sit going forward.

1. Obvious go-to guy in Shannon. You need that and we have him for year two. That raises the floor of this team a lot.
2. Hawkins back for Year 4. I think he’s ready to be the emotional leader of this team. He’s grown a lot and I think he finally gets it. The coaching staff knows how to use him finally. Also an NBA type.
3. Rodgers as the glue guy. He’s not a natural PG in my opinion but he is the toughest guy on the team and you want him in a leadership role.
4. Veteran up-transfers. The best transfers are the guys who were “the man” at mid-majors and move up a level. I like that better than the guys who left other high-majors (unless they are local guys coming home.) Guys can get more efficient in this case and they also are generally good attitude, competitive guys.
5. Hansberry will surprise. This guy went to my high school and has that Baltimore tough attitude. He’s a winner and won’t disappoint.
6. Hungry without the hype. Lots of guys looking for success but not burdened with too much expectation. Good recipe for overachievement, which can snowball in a positive way.

I also like our ‘24 recruiting class.

It’s mid-October and football is pretty much dead to me, so I’m ready to get hyped for basketball season. It’s a familiar feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News