ADVERTISEMENT

It's pretty much all Terrence Shannon right now

IlliniJoe81

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
Looking at KenPom stats 5 games in...
  • Shannon has played 77.5% of our minutes. Domask is at 72% and nobody else is above 52.5%. Shannon leads the team in usage rate (27.5%) and his ORtg is 119.6. Domask in all those minutes has an ORtg of 89.9 and a usage rate of only 17.8%.
  • Goode is this year's designated shooter. 123.6 ORtg and 30 3PA to 1 2PA. He fills that Grandison/Jordan slot on the team.
  • Tons of guys are struggling way more than expected: Hawkins (78.9 ORtg, 34.7 TORate), Guerrier (1-16 from 3, although we know it's a wrist injury, leading to his 91.1 ORtg), DGL (2-12 from 3, 89.7 ORtg), Domask (6-22 from 3, 89.9 ORtg)
  • Some guys are doing ok-ish despite numbers that make little sense: Dainja (109.4 ORtg despite 2-13 FT), Hansberry (128.9 ORtg despite missing a bunch of bunny layups), Moretti (116.5 ORtg despite 37.9 TORate)
  • Ty Rodgers is a fine player but he doesn't profile as a PG. His assist rate of 12.3 is not PG-level at all. He's really a SF but since he's competing with Shannon and Domask for that spot then I guess you might as well throw him at "PG" to get him on the floor. DGL is not a PG either (ARate of 14.7) If you are going to force someone into the PG position, then it's really Shannon (19.7 ARate.) Moretti has an ARate of 34.0 so that's probably why he profiles as a pure PG. I like him in the rotation because he gives the offense a more traditional look. I'd consider pairing him with Dainja in the 2nd unit and pound it inside whenever Shannon gets a breather.
  • Biggest problem I have with this roster is the positions are all messed up. We have PGs that don't have an ARate over 15 (Rodgers), SGs that don't make 3's (DGL, Harmon), PFs that don't offensive rebound (Goode, Guerrier), and Cs that turn the ball over and don't offensive rebound (Hawkins, Dainja) The "traditional" lineup of Moretti, Shannon, Goode, Hawkins, Hansberry may actually work best for us just because it actually has guys in the right position. Still way too early to figure this team out.

Reactions: pt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News