ADVERTISEMENT

Hopkins Update, as we went off the deep end last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
Illinois pitched him. Kentucky pitched him. Indiana didn't have their zoom.

Everyone is picking Kentucky, I'm not sure what information you want, but I have even given you quotes from a Kentucky Asst, Illinois Asst, Hopkins dad, his trainers, where the writers got their info, etc.

Again, Illinois has been in much better shape than most people thought throughout this process. I stand by that. It wasn't a 'done deal' as many have said since August.

What I wrote for an article today on the Kentucky Rivals site.....

As the decision day for Bryce Hopkins looms closer, and he is expected to film a commitment video on Saturday before announcing next week, Illinois continues to put in work in attempting to pull the top 30 player from what most believe to be a likely Kentucky selection. You wonder how many different videos will he do? The Illini held a zoom with Hopkins and his family on Thursday evening that went very well as they showcased what is one of the best strength and condition programs in the country (See the physical changes in Ayo Dosunmu for instance) and his ability to be a home town hero. His father has stated those are keys in this recruitment as he wants to get to the next level. He also mentioned staying closer to home in some instances and in others has felt distance was not a factor.

The Illini are a national media darling heading into the 2020-21 season and make no mistake, Hopkins has noticed. He has long term connections to Providence and Kentucky is, well, Kentucky. That means the Illini have a shot, where they probably didn’t just a few months ago. It was known by most people in the Chicago area last winter that he would not stick with the Cardinals and Chin Coleman has been working it for quite some time. Most feel Kentucky will be the choice, but Illinois is deeply in this one along with the other 2 schools, with Indiana also making up the final group. Will Hopkins shock the world?

Hopkins may pick Kentucky at the end of the day. It won't be because Cal came in with a bag of cash or a phone call from the golf course, they will just have gotten him.

If you think Illinois got played, so be it, but Chin Coleman is one guy that isn't getting played. Dude is legit, knows how to cut through the BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News