ADVERTISEMENT

Emptying my notebook from EYBL....

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
I don't see it with newly offered power forward Amoni Hansberry. I'm baffled by his offer list. Below the rim kid, flat-footed jumper that's inconsistent. He has some good attributes. He's a junk yard dog around the rim and a really good passer and ball handler. Maybe I need to see him a few more times.

Another newly offered kid Jelani Hamilton looks the part, is a long, athletic wing with a sweet looking jumper. And yet he doesn't score much. Floats around the perimeter. He needs motivation.

I watched 17U Meanstreets because I was curious to see PG Dalen Davis. Heady player, hard nosed. But mid-major.

Devin Royal is so good. I think he'll go to Ohio State, and he'll be good there. Similar to EJ Liddel in style of play, but doesn't jump or defend like EJ.

I've seen DJ Wagner play 3 times now, and I swear to God I've never seen him make a jump shot. Elite athlete, but perhaps a bit overrated at No. 3 overall in 2023.

Carlos Harris reminds me of former Michigan point guard Zavier Simpson. He's like a water bug on the court. Uber-quick. Needs to work on his shot, though. Harris wants to visit Illinois, Purdue, and Indiana this summer. I'll have a story on him.

Akil Watson went backwards from when Illinois first offered him. That ship has probably said.

I really like the Team Melo trio of Isaiah Coleman, Solomon Ball, and Tafara Gapare, but they don't have much help. Of the three, Illinois probably has the best shot at Gapare.

Matas Bruzelis is probably going to Kentucky. Illinois was in early, but he's an elite kid now and is only looking at the blue bloods and the NIL $.

I've seen two EYBL Sessions (Indy and Louisville), so I'll probably skip the Peach Jam later this summer and go see UAA, Adidas 3SSB, or take a trip to Vegas to see the Las Vegas Classic and Las Vegas Big Time Finale (used to be called Fab48).

I'll be at the Riverside-Brookfield Summer Shootout (high school teams) June 17-19. I haven't seen the schedule yet, but they always have a good field.

Before any of that, I'll be at Churchill Downs to watch the ponies run on Memorial Day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News