ADVERTISEMENT

Big Will Doesn't Panic

BigWill

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Here I come !

First: Changing Assistants in mis-season is NOT unheard of in football. Windy just got pummeled by almost the EXACT same score at Merryland ! Offensive co-ord FIRED , analysist hired (sound like a possibility ?).

Second; Playing games on Saturday is a direct result of practiced during the week. Monday, team Meeting, ALL positions are now OPEN ! Step on practice field. Practices are already filmed, but graded ? Plenty of drills that are EASILY grade able. Bull in the ring, TE vs LB blocking, 1 on 1 blocking OL vs DL., pass catching drills WR vs DB !

Here's a great one. Blocking dummies laid on ground 5-8 yds apart. TE vs DE with Blocking back with RB behind , Whistle blows TE Vs DE, DE defeats TE, Blocking back then tries to block DE, DE makes tackle of RB, all between the 2 blocking bags. Then you KNOW you have a DE !

IN other words we're SOFT, my way or the Portal. Fatties sit, in shape play !

STOP pulling backside OL, instead cut off backside pursuit ! I learned my lesson versus the Cowboys ! Playing RG, cut/crab blocked the DT, which would have been fine in college, NOT the NFL. He made an assist tackle, I learned a lesson !

Double team blocks, NOT allowed to slip off the DL to get a LB ! MOVE the man where you want the RB to run, FIRST. Worry about the LB, second.

Junk the shotgun with 1 RB, 2 is the minimum. The T formation was good enough for Knute Rockney, why argue, with a QB taking the under the center snap ? (After all we aren't Double Directional high jinks in the locker room !)

In other word's junk our current Offense.

OL has ONE advantage over the DL. IT"S the Snap count ! Disguise the count !

Defense: You're an All American or All Big ! YOU PLAY EVERY SNAP ! I played BOTH ways as a Frosh at UNC, just like I did at Manlius ! With NO tv timeouts. I'm sure Newton hates coming out ! He's GOT pride. DL has to change it's tecgnigues

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News