ADVERTISEMENT

A few recruiting notes...

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
I made a bunch of calls / text messages on Amani Hansberry today. I don't think he's made up his mind yet. His head is still spinning from all the attention he got after the Peach Jam. Illinois people still feel pretty good and they've probably committed to making him a priority more than anyone else. Still, IMO it's going to take an extra shove to get him across home plate.

Really, all five schools are still trying. Penn State has been in it the longest and kids really like Stewsberry, but I think the lack of winning tradition will hurt. They had a great shot if the decision would have come in the spring, Auburn could definitely go from last to first, for various reasons. People around the VT and Miami programs think they have a shot, but that's not coming from the coaching staffs. Hopefully, more to tell you tomorrow or over the weekend.

Whoever ultimately signs 2024 James Brown will have to talk him out of going to Illinois. It's not a done deal. James is quite a ways from making a decision and will cut his list before the end of the calendar year. But he's not star-struck by the blue bloods. Could he end up at Duke or North Carolina? Sure. But those offers didn't blow him away.

I'd guess it's 50-50 whether ZZ Clark ends up at Illinois. He's going to have to prove himself. The move to Overtime Elite is puzzling to me. It's his fourth "high school" in three years. I think Carlos Harris from Curie / Meanstreets is a better player. Memphis product Jaye Nash is also on the radar. He hears from Chester quite a bit.

Still looking for a shooter. They like a couple of 2023 international guys. Alex Toohey from Australia and Niccoló Moretti from Italy. Both are being recruited by Geoff Alexander. They have a better shot at Moretti than Toohey.

I love 2025 Trey McKenny. I'll have a story on is visit on the front page tomorrow. Big time power guard. Michigan and Michigan State will be the teams to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News