ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NFL Draft thread

SouthernmostIllini

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2022
Caleb Williams is no mystery at #1. What the Bears will do at #9 is a real mystery. The mock drafts are all over the place though Rome Odunze appears to be the choice of most. But I’ve seen almost every possible name mentioned- Alt, Murphy, Turner, Verse, Latu, Bowers, etc.

Brad Biggs is always a good read on the Bears and he breaks the pick down into wants versus needs and comes up with Odunze. Which to me is more of a want. Another analysis I read talks about Waldron using 12 and 13 personal and comes up with Bowers as the pick. I tend to like this idea but it seems like a want more than a need.

If it gets to needs though the Bears still clearly need a defensive end. I read another analysis that talked about Poles/Eberflus wanting an end that can set the edge like Sweat does. This led to the Bears drafting Verse after trading down. Theres the very real possibility that the Bears will have the opportunity to take the highest rated defensive player in the draft, Turner. And he’s at a position of need so that’s appealing too.

Pole’s has talked recently about how hard it will be to make the Bear’s roster now after the last two drafts and all the free agent signings. That suggests that he won’t be trading down as much as he has in the past. More about adding an impact player to an already solid roster. They’ll be some possible churn ahead of the Bear’s pick which will add lots of options to which way they go. Why Pole’s and company have been running simulations so they’re prepared for any last minute changes.

Really hard to predict this one but I’m going Dallas Turner to fill a hole

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News