ADVERTISEMENT

1990 LSU at Illini replay tonite and 1984 Oklahoma replay yesterday

ChiTownChief

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
Tonight at midnight CT, BTN will show the 1990 game against LSU.

One of my all time favorite games I got to attend. I was a senior and the game was not included in the student season ticket package as it was during Xmas break. But they did offer single game tix at student prices for students. I was amazed that they gave me 2 tix front and and center seats in the old A section. I thought Shaq's #10 team was going to destroy our unranked team. But Rennie Clemmons showed no fear against him.

Yesterday, they showed the 1984 game we played against Oklahoma at the Assembly Hall. Another one of my all time favorite games. Earlier in the season, we had a convincing win against the Sooners at the Hall of Fame tip off in Springfield, MA. The rematch, although close throughout, looked like the momentum was with the Sooners. With a little more than 30 seconds left with us leading by 1, I loved Anthony Welch's steal of their inbounds pass and put back to seal the game for us.

Tom Schafer had an impressive game. I always wondered why he transferred to Iowa State in the middle of that season.

Until now, I have not seen any replays of either of those games.

Reactions: Jeff Karzen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News