ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Illini add transfer Shay Bollin

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. – Fighting Illini women's basketball head coach Shauna Green has announced the addition of Shay Bollin to the women's basketball program. Bollin – a sophomore transfer from Duke – has signed a Big Ten Tender of Financial Aid with the University of Illinois and is set to join the program beginning with the 2023-24 season.

"I am so excited to have Shay join our Illini family," opened Green. "She brings size, toughness, and the ability to stretch the floor. She is an elite shooter who fits our system perfectly. Shay is a competitor and a hard worker who will continue to grow in our program. I can't wait to get her on campus and get to work."

Bollin is a 6-foot-3-inch forward from Raynham, Massachusetts. She appeared in eight games off the bench for the Blue Devils last season while averaging 2.4 points and 1.0 rebound across 41 minutes of action as a true freshman.

"I chose Illinois for numerous reasons: the staff, the players, the facilities, the alumni base and so much more are all elite," shared Bollin. "Most importantly, it's very evident how Coach Green has so quickly been able to build a genuine, competitive culture at Illinois. She is phenomenal at developing unique and authentic relationships with her players. The team, both players and staff, is made up of high character people who are eager to work hard, develop and win together! I feel this will really be the catalyst in having a big rise in the Big Ten and officially putting Illinois on the map. This is a brand-new construction that Coach Shauna is building, and I have full faith that with her history of development in her players to reach their full potential, both on and off the court, Illinois is a perfect place fit for me!"

During her season in Durham, North Carolina, Bollin and the Duke squad posted a 26-7 overall record including a 14-4 mark in ACC play. The Blue Devils picked up a win in both the ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament during the post season.

Bollin played her prep ball at Bridgewater – Raynham Regional High School where she ranked as high as No. 26 overall in the class of 2022 before finishing with a final ranking of No. 33 by ESPNW. A 2022 McDonald's All-American nominee, Bollin was also a three-time captain of her high school squad. Bridgewater-Raynham was 67-13 in her four-year career, including four straight undefeated conference championships (28-0 overall record in league play). Bollin missed her junior and senior seasons rehabbing from injury.

The daughter of Timothy and Laurie Bollin, Shay has three younger siblings – two brothers and a sister.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News