ADVERTISEMENT

Very OT - tankless water heater remodel question

TRAF113

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2011
Very OT here, but in the middle of a home remodel of my half basement family room and laundry room and need some help from fellow homeowners. We have a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom home about 2,000 total square feet.

With our current set up, we really never shower at the same exact time, we never run the washing machine while we shower, we usually always run our dishwasher only at night before bed.

I have a pretty small laundry room that currently has a mini closet with a regular 40-50 gallon water heater enclosed within it. In order to be able to put my Whirlpool washer and dryer side by side, we are thinking of removing that water heater and closet and replacing it with a tankless water heater to either relocate into my crawl space near my furnace and humidified or possibly in the corner of the laundry room for added space.

Does anyone have a tankless water heater? I have been doing as much research as possible on it trying to determine the best fit in terms of GPM and am curious to what others went with and how it is working out for them? I am in the north suburbs of Chicago so have to deal with cooler average water temperature which looks like can be a factor vs someone living in the South for example.

Any advice/insights would be greatly appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News