ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

I had a friend that was obsessed with hookers.

He and his family/wife lived on the Jersey shore. He maintained an apartment near Philly for his "companion" that he met at a T & A strip joint.

One Super Bowl trip to New Orleans, we were heading to the airport on Monday to fly home. He was nowhere to be found. On route to Louis Armstrong we saw a strip joint in a mall. We talked ($ 100 tip) the bussie, into swinging into the mall parking lot. Sure enough, there he was sitting in the front table, all alone in the joint.

He was a graduate of Harvard !

• Wow
Reactions: tjfleck6
Tesla issues recall for 1.100,000 million vehicles !

Granted it's a minor safety issue.

But wait till let's say California issues an order to Tesla to make them reprogram ALL Tesla's registered in California to only allow recharging to say 50 %.

You say it couldn't happen ? The tech is here ! They already set charging levels for some individual cars !

Men can become pregnant. "they" say..

Wait for it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: bung23
Old @JeffT818 has now gone dark. He must be studying the numbers and realizing that Biden is cramping his retirement dream. It looks like old Jeff will have to limit himself to one home. I'm sure the hypocrite will leave Illinois for Florida.

Still on track, my portfolio is down about 12% (nothing to lose sleep over). OTOH, real estate prices are going down, so I will be able to buy my Florida home at a lower price.

All is good.

Still on track, my portfolio is down about 12% (nothing to lose sleep over). OTOH, real estate prices are going down, so I will be able to buy my Florida home at a lower price.

All is good.
We have just SOLD raw land near Ft Meyers, Fla, because of the costs increasing for lenders. Lumber, labor, interest rates continue to climb. 10 day all cash closing.

We held it for 30 years and see no downturn in interest rates in coming years.

Homes in Florida do not appreciate at normal rates compared to the rest of USA, because of the constant turnover and quantity of estate sales from deaths.

Yes, I've actually lived on BOTH coasts. Tampa and Jupiter Island, NOT just in Illinois.

All is good.

Hey Jeff - your portfolio is down 12 percent and the value of your money is down an additional 12 percent. Had you not been deranged, you portfolio would be up 12 percent with an inflation rate less than 2 percent (as Trump left it).

Yes, real estate prices are going down after a steep escalation thanks to COVID policies and Biden inflation. But, since Florida is like Arizona, I can assure you the decline is less in Florida than it is in California. And good luck getting rid of your Illinois assets. For example, my home is down around 6 percent from its Zillow peak. A California buddies is down 15 percent.....

@JeffT818 @stoneaxe27 - you two better go get injected again. Since you two would force this crap into everyone, it only makes sense that you listen to YOUR CDC director. If it has been over 2 months, go get the latest injection. It would be selfish not to get it.

• Haha
Hey Jeff - your portfolio is down 12 percent and the value of your money is down an additional 12 percent. Had you not been deranged, you portfolio would be up 12 percent with an inflation rate less than 2 percent (as Trump left it).

Yes, real estate prices are going down after a steep escalation thanks to COVID policies and Biden inflation. But, since Florida is like Arizona, I can assure you the decline is less in Florida than it is in California. And good luck getting rid of your Illinois assets. For example, my home is down around 6 percent from its Zillow peak. A California buddies is down 15 percent.....
The Calif huge decline is multi faceted from multiple reasons; De-population of resident's other than illegal residents, Interest rates, energy concerns, wok policies, crime, bums on the streets.

The Florida slight decline if there is one, is strictly Interest rates. Illegal residents happened already in the 80's from Cuba and has been absorbed, energy is not an issue in-state, wok is contained by DeSantis, crime (no defunding Police) see the Millions of Floridians with their CCDW permits, bums on the streets are elsewhere, they call them "getting a tan" in Fla.

The influx of Northerners will keep Florida demand constant and home prices as well.

The Calif huge decline is multi faceted from multiple reasons; De-population of resident's other than illegal residents, Interest rates, energy concerns, wok policies, crime, bums on the streets.

The Florida slight decline if there is one, is strictly Interest rates. Illegal residents happened already in the 80's from Cuba and has been absorbed, energy is not an issue in-state, wok is contained by DeSantis, crime (no defunding Police) see the Millions of Floridians with their CCDW permits, bums on the streets are elsewhere, they call them "getting a tan" in Fla.

The influx of Northerners will keep Florida demand constant and home prices as well.

Agreed. @JeffT818 for some reason thinks it will roll his way. Nope, lots of blue staters want to go to Florida, Arizona, and Texas and the result will be a premium on prices. Now, Jeff will be able to afford it by having one residence, not two. His derangement really cost him and a lot of others.

Look for at LEAST 2 more .75 basis point increases from the Fed.

Who listened to me more than 2 years ago, to refinance your long term mortgages ?

Anyone that is negotiating with a lender try to freeze the current interest rate, while getting the paperwork completed.

My current Florida RE transaction is a 10 day close, all cash.

Matt didn't, has he ever forgiven me talking him into attending Illinois, instead of anywhere ELSE !

Last edited:

What in the living hell is this disgusting creep talking about?!?! Get him the F outta here…

Reactions: fleetline

What in the living hell is this disgusting creep talking about?!?! Get him the F outta here…
We know what he is talking about. He is a freak.

Look for at LEAST 2 more .75 basis point increases from the Fed.

Who listened to me more than 2 years ago, to refinance your long term mortgages ?

Anyone that is negotiating with a lender try to freeze the current interest rate, while getting the paperwork completed.

My current Florida RE transaction is a 10 day close, all cash.

Matt didn't, has he ever forgiven me talking him into attending Illinois, instead of anywhere ELSE !
About 99% of all mortgage holders must have listened to you (or, ahem, someone). That's the approx percentage of current mortgages at interest rates below today's rate and one reason why there's so little on the market. No one wants to give up their home unless they don't need to replace it with a home they'll have to finance.

Agreed. @JeffT818 for some reason thinks it will roll his way. Nope, lots of blue staters want to go to Florida, Arizona, and Texas and the result will be a premium on prices. Now, Jeff will be able to afford it by having one residence, not two. His derangement really cost him and a lot of others.
I am working with a real estate agent in Florida and the market has deteriorated considerably in the last three months. Houses are on the market longer and price reductions are common. My agent told me to hold off until next year to make a purchase. She said it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Florida is a rather unique market with a larger percentage of investor owned properties that increase market swings. If there is a major recession, our agent told us prices will come down significantly as investors will need to unload properties. It has happened before in Florida and it will happen again.

Last edited:
I am working with a real estate agent in Florida and the market has deteriorated considerably in the last three months. Houses are on the market longer and price reductions are common. My agent told me to hold off until next year to make a purchase. She said it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Florida is a rather unique market with a larger percentage of investor owned properties that increase market swings. If there is a major recession, our agent told us prices will come down significantly as investors will need to unload properties. It has happened before in Florida and it will happen again.
So now we know why Jeff likes Biden. It would produce a recession where he can get a better buying opportunity. :eek:

That’s the Biden/Harris slogan for 2024. The problem is, it will never get better.

@JeffT818 @stoneaxe27 - you two better go get injected again. Since you two would force this crap into everyone, it only makes sense that you listen to YOUR CDC director. If it has been over 2 months, go get the latest injection. It would be selfish not to get it.

Anyone else remember endless vaccines being a conspiracy theory?

2 months? You might as well just come out and admit the vaccines are useless.

So THIS is what he can remember !!!

Not where to go to get off the stage or which way to face to shake anybody's hand ???

• Haha
Reactions: bung23 and tjfleck6

I ass/u/med you are looking for a higher end home to live your final days in Florida under the protective web of Gov RDS and the righteous CCDW laws. By that I mean properties approaching closing at with 2 commas in the final figure.

I may tell of my multi-year career as a licensed residential appraiser in NJ. Where I would appraise homes up to $ 5,000,000 closings.....or Mary Anne being a licensed Florida Real Estate Agent, her agency the only office ON Jupiter Island.

I mentioned Jupiter Island because it's Zip code has the HIGHEST closed home sales in Florida and IIRC was once the highest in the US ! So, I know RE and also high end units.
Interest rates have little or no impact for these properties. My home that I purchased, the old time RE Agent I used had been selling on the Island for over 20 years and this home was the FIRST that the buyer had used a mortgage ( seller held the paper !) ((He lived in Houston and an island in the Bahamas that he was developing.))

Lower pricing's in the 250's +/-, I can refer to my crazy Sister, who bought and sold over 6 homes on the Gulf Coast and Central Fla. in about 10 years, before moving back to St. Francisville Parish, La. She claims to NEVER lost money or made big money in those transactions. She in now checking out Bermuda, where they lived for 4 years when "Catfish" was in USAF.

So, like my current RE transaction in Fla, transact in CASH, use MULTIPLE RE Agents. Location, Location, Location is always key. The good properties are few and far between. I bought and sold on the Island in 2 years made 6 figures, and the guy after me made even more.

Read and heed, some people have more knowledge/experience and ARE trying to help Posters .

I forgot ONE thing...RENT a property near you want to live, but NOT in the winter season when it's nice, but IN the SUMMER, when it's not !

Last edited:

In the meantime, your Naperville property will depreciate (I know because it is happening in Glen Ellyn), and the value of your cash will slump thanks to the inflation you voted for Jeff. Further, your assets in the stock market lost another 2 percent on Friday alone as the market begins to accept that your boy Biden has screwed up the entire economy.

You voted for Biden and the result is a complete waste of 20 months as the DOW is below the point Trump left it and the NASDAQ is down quite a bit. Next time, think before you vote.

Next time, think before you vote.
I'm really getting disheartened. The level of gaslighting and outright lies coming from the left in general, and specifically and most alarmingly the White House, is something that I've never seen before. And the terror campaign being carried out by the FBI, DOJ, et. al., against anyone who doesn't stand from the neocons leftward all the way to the far left fringe, is alarming. What makes me disheartened is a huge swath of the country not only wallows in culpable ignorance, but seem to cheer it all on. I hope I'm misjudging the electorate writ large and they'll employ a little common sense and critical thought this November, but what I fear is that behind even more closed doors and secrecy than we saw in 2020, the crazy train will just gain steam. If I was reading a novel about a dystopian future I'd put it down and say, "Come on, this isn't at all believable, even as fiction."

I'm really getting disheartened. The level of gaslighting and outright lies coming from the left in general, and specifically and most alarmingly the White House, is something that I've never seen before. And the terror campaign being carried out by the FBI, DOJ, et. al., against anyone who doesn't stand from the neocons leftward all the way to the far left fringe, is alarming. What makes me disheartened is a huge swath of the country not only wallows in culpable ignorance, but seem to cheer it all on. I hope I'm misjudging the electorate writ large and they'll employ a little common sense and critical thought this November, but what I fear is that behind even more closed doors and secrecy than we saw in 2020, the crazy train will just gain steam. If I was reading a novel about a dystopian future I'd put it down and say, "Come on, this isn't at all believable, even as fiction."
There are a lot of dumb people - mainly well educated entitled suburban liberals like Jeff.

You will note the left is lashing out at Latinos for not doing as their told. They have lost a big chunk of a group that they ‘controlled’ and are worried that people who are being hammered by Biden are switching to the dark side. Heck, Hillary called 75 Million Americans NAZIs today. She obviously is glad that the Minnesota teenager was murdered by the deranged liberal up North.

We will see soon enough.

Reactions: Uncoach and bung23
In the meantime, your Naperville property will depreciate (I know because it is happening in Glen Ellyn), and the value of your cash will slump thanks to the inflation you voted for Jeff. Further, your assets in the stock market lost another 2 percent on Friday alone as the market begins to accept that your boy Biden has screwed up the entire economy.

You voted for Biden and the result is a complete waste of 20 months as the DOW is below the point Trump left it and the NASDAQ is down quite a bit. Next time, think before you vote.
Yes, there will be a recession. The Fed is going to continue to raise interest rates until inflation is brought under control. The Fed will not make the same mistakes as were made in the 1970s (raise interest rates and then cut them too quickly). The stock market went sideways for the entire decade of the 1970s. IMO, this time will be more like the early 1980s when high interest rates caused a significant recession and then the market had a great run in the 1980s. You can fret about daily swings in the market, I don't worry about it. My Naperville house is not a significant asset for me, I would rather have all real estate depreciate since I will be purchasing a much more expensive house in Florida.

I became very defensive in my portfolio before the bad times started so I can easily withstand a 40% decline in the market without it hurting me very much. The good times will come back and it will be risk on.

Yes, there will be a recession. The Fed is going to continue to raise interest rates until inflation is brought under control. The Fed will not make the same mistakes as were made in the 1970s (raise interest rates and then cut them too quickly). The stock market went sideways for the entire decade of the 1970s. IMO, this time will be more like the early 1980s when high interest rates caused a significant recession and then the market had a great run in the 1980s. You can fret about daily swings in the market, I don't worry about it. My Naperville house is not a significant asset for me, I would rather have all real estate depreciate since I will be purchasing a much more expensive house in Florida.

I became very defensive in my portfolio before the bad times started so I can easily withstand a 40% decline in the market without it hurting me very much. The good times will come back and it will be risk on.

Well, much more expensive houses in Florida won’t depreciate in the manner that you hope. Sure, they’ll Come down a bit, but not like homes in the blue states.

Honestly, why on Earth are you still working if a 40 percent stock market crash won’t hurt you very much? My father related a story about an oriental professor who retired to Maui at age 62 (your age) and joined his bridge group. Six months later he was dead from some aggressive cancer. An otherwise perfectly healthy man.

And why do you think the good times will come back? We know that Joe Biden is a poor man’s Jimmy Carter. Old Joe, your guy, is feeding the inflationary fire with trillions of wasteful spending. So, who is Ronald Reagan since guys like you don’t like the ultra effective Donald Trump? And why are you running to freedom in Florida? You help turn Illinois and the USA to crap and then run to a red state? Boggle.

Reactions: ILisBest and bung23
I again tell you to buy what impresses you now, if you disregard my suggestion to RENT, it will be cheaper OUT of season, summer to rent for at least 3 months.

Prices of high end properties won't go down your 40 %.

For example, an empty lot within 200 yards of my home on Jupiter Island, the same 100 feet distance to the beach is LISTED for $ 4, 500,000 and is the ONLY like lot for sale on the Island.

California is one of the only spots that anyone might think of retiring that will have that 40 % decline, because of past inflated residential pricing and WOK policies that is losing the middle classes. But stay AWAY from any large metro area or desert.

Last edited:

Im so sick of the corrupt leadership of the FBI and DOJ. This administration is an unmitigated catastrophe.

Well, much more expensive houses in Florida won’t depreciate in the manner that you hope. Sure, they’ll Come down a bit, but not like homes in the blue states.

Honestly, why on Earth are you still working if a 40 percent stock market crash won’t hurt you very much? My father related a story about an oriental professor who retired to Maui at age 62 (your age) and joined his bridge group. Six months later he was dead from some aggressive cancer. An otherwise perfectly healthy man.

And why do you think the good times will come back? We know that Joe Biden is a poor man’s Jimmy Carter. Old Joe, your guy, is feeding the inflationary fire with trillions of wasteful spending. So, who is Ronald Reagan since guys like you don’t like the ultra effective Donald Trump? And why are you running to freedom in Florida? You help turn Illinois and the USA to crap and then run to a red state? Boggle.
Funny how you seem to think you know more than my agent in Florida.

I have never voted for a Democrat for any state office in Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT