ADVERTISEMENT

This affects us all

I am sick and tired of every official and every newscaster/ reporter having their hair on fire. It is lazy easy to rewrite/record the same stories they did back when COVID first arrived. I also don't understand why the freakout over getting tested with lines around the block , stores being sold out, half a billion tests being mailed out. What purpose are these tests for. If you are sick enough to seek treatment, you will be tested. If you are not sick, why test? Most that test positive are asymptomatic. Why is the team being tested if asymptomatic? I would like to hear anyone's take.

Reactions: bung23
I am sick and tired of every official and every newscaster/ reporter having their hair on fire. It is lazy easy to rewrite/record the same stories they did back when COVID first arrived. I also don't understand why the freakout over getting tested with lines around the block , stores being sold out, half a billion tests being mailed out. What purpose are these tests for. If you are sick enough to seek treatment, you will be tested. If you are not sick, why test? Most that test positive are asymptomatic. Why is the team being tested if asymptomatic? I would like to hear anyone's take.

Because Fauci, the CDC, etc. have spent the last year and a half telling terrifying stories about asymptomatic spreaders. Because teachers unions don’t want teachers to have to be around kids that might have asymptomatic COVID. Because of people in your party. Many of us have been asking these questions for months.

Ask people in your party. Republicans aren’t standing in long lines with masks on outside. I have a couple friends that think people should test at home everyday. Both belong to your party.

Last edited:
Because we are stupid when it comes to covid.

Reactions: Pipedor and BigWill
So says the lying moron! From RW Reuters.

I guess you don't understand that story and situation are not in the USA.

Forget masks. It’s time for us to all get wheelchairs. If you are sitting down, the virus flies over your head. What’s the worst that could happen if we just stop walking? #science

Can kids ditch the masks when sitting down, or just the adults that they are sacrificing their future for?
Nicolle Wallace has to be an act or she is an absolute nut. It’s hard to imagine someone who served in either Bush administration going hard left.

I love the comments in the media and from people like Wen about cloth masks not working. Go ahead and wear your cloth mask over the surgical mask. LOL. We need N95 or KN95! Ridiculous. We never masked up for bad colds previously. I think some of the concern is that Delta still may be about 20-25% of what is being circulated, but I couldn’t care less about how many people in the US have a cold. I expect to have my civil liberties. We get attacked on 9/11. We go spend a trillion dollars trying to turn deserts into democracies. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 we watched the powers that be pounce on the fears of terror and create Patriot Act, which provided a huge vehicle for more spying on US citizens’ lives. That was driven more by the Neo-cons. Now the past two years, the Demwits have had no issue trampling on civil liberties. What’s the moral of the story? No matter what party runs the show, never give them an inch when it comes to our privacy and personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.

ELL oh ELL!!!!!

My son and a group of his friends were supposed to go to a hockey game that got cancelled. For those not vaccinated, they of course needed a negative test. My sons GF isn’t vaccinated so she got tested. The game day has already came and went so she wouldn’t have been able to go as she never received word of her test results. Well she just got the call as her and the rest of us are eating lunch at the table. Positive. No symptoms. She asked me what she needed to do. I said sit down and eat as it has already been 5 days.

Edit: correction. They told her that she needed to isolate until midnight tonight. We are going to risk it...

Seeing this play out in real life. My brother and his wife have been overly cautious this whole time. They have skipped family vacations, haven't gone out to dinner, etc. His daughter and wife started feeling a little sick last Monday, and tested positive on Wednesday. His wife is boosted, and his daughter is vaccinated. They have been sitting at home for the last week with masks on, trying to keep his younger daughter and him from getting it. Well, he and his other daughter now have low grade fevers.

He admitted he is a bit annoyed that they got COVID despite doing everything to avoid it, meanwhile we got to spend Christmas with my parents and sister. Well, we have lived normal lives this whole time, and have been exposed to COVID a million times. Are bodies probably have a ton of natural protection. My wife and I have not been boosted, and our kids are too young to get the vax. My sister in law can't believe that they got COVID before we did.

I told him there is no doubt we already had it, we just don't test ourselves like they do. I also told him that this will hopefully give some relief from hiding from the virus. The toll it has taken on his family has been huge.

My SIL was boosted the Friday before she tested positive. They don't want to admit it, but she probably picked up COVID at the facility where she received the booster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipedor and bung23
Irrelevant. Pfizer and Moderna know there are side effects and are unwilling to assume the legal liability for people and places where they aren’t afforded blanket immunity. That is Devry 101 Law class. You did pass that one?
Kind of like Facebook? You are not qualified to pretend you know anything about the law.

• Haha
Reactions: fleetline
Given his position and level of responsibility, Fauci is underpaid relative to what he could earn in private industry. As far as his pension goes, meh.

I am much more angry that Ron Gunther gets a $500,000 pension from the State of Illinois.

Given his position and level of responsibility, Fauci is underpaid relative to what he could earn in private industry. As far as his pension goes, meh.

I am much more angry that Ron Gunther gets a $500,000 pension from the State of Illinois.
….Fauci will make millions from book deals, speeches etc…

Reactions: Uncoach
Did you happen to see some guy named Malcolm Hill scored 11 points in the first half against the Bulls tonight?

Looks like you might have left the hoops board, so tracking you down on here.
IGuys

Ha! The Gateway Pundit..... talk about fake news!

Reactions: tjfleck6
….Fauci will make millions from book deals, speeches etc…
I don't disagree. I was not talking about Fauci specifically but about the position in general. Given the nature of that position, the salary is rather modest.

You don't think, in his position, he's ever gotten money under the table to make some of the decisions he has?

Heh.

Did you happen to see some guy named Malcolm Hill scored 11 points in the first half against the Bulls tonight?

Looks like you might have left the hoops board, so tracking you down on here.

I did not watch. The NBA currently trotting out these guys they found from the local YMCA is a really bad watch.

I do not recall making that bet, but have no doubts I would have . I would normally not take issue with settling, but in this case I would ask for a handshake on the out clause seeing as I did not envision a global cold-Demic

Last edited:

Given his position and level of responsibility, his lack of integrity and finding ways to fund projects the bosses clearly didn’t want funded, he would have been fired a long time ago, if he had been in the private sector. You can’t be ignorant enough to think he doesn’t own significant stock in Big Pharma, which is a conflict of interest. He’s made big bucks off the private sector based upon his position in government and he makes even more with public appearances and a future book deal or several. We require the President to eliminate these conflicts. The same should be done for civil “servants” in positions such as the one that Fauci holds.

Holy Christ 🤡

You are right, so why read that garbage?

Given his position and level of responsibility, his lack of integrity and finding ways to fund projects the bosses clearly didn’t want funded, he would have been fired a long time ago, if he had been in the private sector. You can’t be ignorant enough to think he doesn’t own significant stock in Big Pharma, which is a conflict of interest. He’s made big bucks off the private sector based upon his position in government and he makes even more with public appearances and a future book deal or several. We require the President to eliminate these conflicts. The same should be done for civil “servants” in positions such as the one that Fauci holds.
I knew yo were a RW guy, but didn't know you went off the conspiracy deep end.

Just glad people are finally being honest. There was no defeating this virus, and omicron could be the best thing that has happened in 2 years. The charade is over. Everyone will have prior exposure protection. We need to move on now.

Of course, we have learned nothing and many places are going back to remote learning.

I did not watch. The NBA currently trotting out these guys they found from the local YMCA is a really bad watch.

I do not recall making that bet, but have no doubts I would have . I would normally not take issue with settling, but in this case I would ask for a handshake on the out clause seeing as I did not envision a global cold-Demic

Not how I wanted to win a bet, but the evidence is on the board. I quoted you in a thread about Hill.

He was their 6th man last night. Not the 13th man on an extended roster. I have a feeling he’s going to get his chance after the rosters get back to normal. He’s averaging 17 points and 6 boards, with 40% shooting from deep, in the G League. The NBA loves guys that can hit the spot up 3, and he showed that ability translates last night.

I don’t want the $100, and understand these weird times impacted the bet. If he’s still in the league 2 months from now, donate some cash to a local Boys & Girls Club, or another legit organization.

How about that new Bulls front office? They put together a pretty impressive plan with Vuc, Ball, and DDR. Looks like they hit on Ayo too.

ADVERTISEMENT