ADVERTISEMENT

Some interesting comments about Ayo/Illinois

saltygrapes

Mar 20, 2012
So there was an article on the Athletic a few days ago about certain underclassmen and their chances of going pro - their draft guy Sam Vecenie got a bunch of anonymous quotes from various coaches about guys and Ayo was one of them.

I'm going to post one of the quotes on Ayo here but it technically is pseudo-premium (you can view X amount of articles for free each month so....) so I'm not going to post all of them, but I thought some of this stuff was relevant and would generate some interesting discussion.

If you want to read the rest of the quotes on Ayo, here's a link to the article.

On Ayo Dosunmu:

“I think he’s got some ability. I think he picked the wrong school to go to. They run that high-post offense, and it’s big-to-big stuff. A lot of the playmaking comes from the high-post guy. He’s intriguing.

“I follow your guys’ stuff and see mock drafts, and I think people have him a little high. I don’t think he can make enough shots. At some point, you’ve gotta be able to make a jump shot in that league, or you’ve gotta Rondo, and I don’t think he can pass the ball like Rondo."

On Illinois's System:

"Part of it sometimes is their system. They play such a crazy brand of basketball, it’s funny. When you play those guys, you almost have to throw all the shit you run out and just attack right away with how they pressure the ball."

---

Anyone read that quote about Illinois's system and immediately think about that PSU game? I'm guessing this will begin to be the way coaches try to play against Illinois, at least for the remainder of this year. It seems to work, if you can do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News