ADVERTISEMENT

Recipes thread

TRAF113

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2011
I figured I would throw this out there to see if there was any interest in maybe starting up a thread to share recipes... might be a good idea and I think would be fun as most most of us are sheltered up at home.

My wife and I usually cook at home a lot anyways, but with a 6 month old at home we had kind of gotten away from it for a bit. I am noticing a big difference already. I had gone from being like around 185-190 depending on the day at 6'0" to now around 170-175 daily.

It is probably bad overall to my health haha, but I am definitely noticing I am drinking basically daily. But instead of pounding a bunch of light beers, I have been mainly sticking with a few Truly/Claws a day and having maybe only 1-2 heavier IPAs. Maybe it is cutting down on the carbs, I have no idea but thought it was interesting I was losing weight yet drinking more than I normally do. Hahe it does not help when you literally have nothing to do except hang with the family.

We are back in the swing of things now, and really actually planning our grocery runs around meal planning. Once a week, however, we are supporting our local businesses and at least ordering a take out meal or two to hold us over a couple days with leftovers.

In the past two weeks we have made:

* turkey and chorizo chili
* split pea and lentil and ham soup
* various egg casseroles for breakfast leftovers
* homemade granola bars
* orecchiette pasta with italian sausage, kale, spinach, chard, peppers, and onion

The rest of the week starting tonight we are doing:

* Pork tenderloin medallions with a bourbon mushroom sauce and smashed garlic fingerling potatoes
* Penne vodka pasta
* Chicken breast and stuffing casserole with broccoli

If people are interested, I am down with sharing recipes. We are always open for new idea on different things to try or thoughts on how to tweak our recipes. Just was not sure how interested others would be in something like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News