ADVERTISEMENT

OT - What a strange evening....

Brad S

Nov 22, 2002
So I'm watching a basketball tournament in Lincoln, IL and then driving home with my wife and daughters, and get about 3 miles from my house. We're driving past this deep ditch and see a car upside down, thinking it has been there a while, but then see brake lights. We stop and so does a car coming from the other direction (more on that later). I go down the hill and the snow is about 4 feet deep and find a girl climbing out of the car, covered in blood on her head and face and out of it. Had a head injury, cuts and was pretty beat up. We called 911 and took care of her until the first responders arrived. Hope she is alright.

Anyway, I couldn't do that job, it's a crazy rush and a I'm glad I could help, but it's still got me upset and pulse pounding 2 hours later (much like an Illinois game). It isn't the blood, or anything like that, just the whole concept, which could be that although I've got my CPR training I have no idea what I'm doing.

So, kudos to all of you that do that and help people on a daily basis. You are special people.

On the car from the other direction, it stopped, yelled down 'Is she OK?' and I said 'I think she will be alright, just pretty banged up.' Dude just takes off while we are calling 911 before anyone arrived. 1. How did he know it was a 'she'? 2. Why did they take off so quickly?

So,any way, thanks for listening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.