Oskee Wow Wow and Chief Illiniwek

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
No reason to blitz and allow that score. Sit back and make them do what they haven’t been able to do all day.

Outside of this, I see Lovie’s brilliance written all over today. Bert stepped into something. Maybe not a lot, but not a disaster either.

Reactions: CriticalObserver

CriticalObserver

Sep 22, 2019
Too soon, but encouraging. What's the outlook on your Hawks this seasons GolfHacker? Based on your post count, it appears you must really be excited, or really hate Nebraska. lol.

Reactions: GolfHacker1

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
It's possible, maybe even likely, the Illini are bowl eligible this season. Lovie left the Illini in moderately good shape.

Iowa has question marks on the DL. I can see them starting out very slowly, possibly dropping the first two games. This said, it is an extremely young team for Iowa, and I look forward to not only this season, but especially the next several seasons.

Part of this is the super seniors thing. Especially Iowa State. College, where we send kids to learn about the real world, and apparently part of this is another free year of college. I guess we are teaching them there are two sets of rules, and in this specific case, they are the beneficiary, whereas others are deemed (chosen) losers.

Reactions: CriticalObserver

Uncoach

Dec 8, 2011
Avoid the trap that is UTSA! Go Illini and Oskee Wow Wow in the honorable Chief Illiniwek tradition!

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
Illini defense will answer some questions today. Do not sleep on the UTSA Trap Roadrunners.

The talk is centered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and reaches from Lake Geneva to Pompano Beach.

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
Trap. Sleep. Disappointing.

Long season however, so plenty of time to get to bowl eligibility.

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
UTSA isn't a bad football team. It probably was a game the Fighting Illini should have won though. It happens.

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
We have our own issues. Left side of the offensive line. The new defensive line. Unproven quarterback. All going into Game Day, with an estimated 100,000 people there, and a stadium that only holds a smidge over 60K.

Reactions: Uncoach

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
I'm convinced Iowa has a chance. And a pretty good chance. We'll see how it goes. I also think think Illini are catching Bucky at a bad time, but they also have an above conventional wisdom chance.

I'm a man of few words ever since Epic Thread was deleted.

CriticalObserver

Sep 22, 2019
He started the previous, thread, or more accurately elevated it, prior to the Nebraska game. GH1 had some pretty good football analysis back then, but lately doesn't post as much, or as detailed.

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
That thread got deleted. I'm not sure why. Generally I'm for civil liberties, and can not support this type of behavior. Nor can I support censorship hidden behind the ambiguous Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Now I don't think the person who whacked the thread acted in an extreme way, but again, we have a thread right above this rebirth of the original Epic Thread where is it entirely political, and the name calling and ignorance displayed is stunning.

So my heart isn't in it as much. And I don't post as much. And running a business in an artificially created challenging economy is taking more time than I usually commit to running a business. And when Lovie was coach, it was easier to be engaged.

But I still watch Illini football, although not as closely.

Reactions: Uncoach

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
Yeah, an Iowa High School kid ran on the filed, ripped the banners down, gave two middle fingers, and returned to the stands. That finally prompted Northwestern security into action.

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
Biel Brettlama knows how to win in the B1G. It will take some time. I'm not sure you get to bowl eligible, and not sure if 5 wins still has that academic progress thing if there aren't enough bowl eligible teams, but that practice would be significant if it somehow happened.

Latest posts