ADVERTISEMENT

I Tested Positive for COVID-19

whitmer2

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Last night, I found out that I tested positive for COVID-19. I started feeling symptoms on Sunday evening and was able to get tested yesterday morning at a drive through testing station.

My symptoms have progressed and changed quite a lot during the week, but for the most part, I feel fine. It’s been a very mild flu.

I will warn you, please be careful out there. The numbers that are being reported in the media are wrong; there are five people who I’ve been in contact with who have similar symptoms who either have yet to be tested, or who have been encouraged to not be tested because it won’t change treatment options. They are all self-quarantining and will go to the emergency room if they are having trouble breathing.

But, at least in my case, the symptoms started very light, it was hard to know that I had this or when I got it, so I’d urge you, please stay home.

This is all obviously just my limited experience, but I’d be happy to answer any questions about what I’ve felt, how I got tested (in Chicago) and what my doctors are saying. So fire away if you have them. If you’re not interested, no worries, but I thought I’d share in the event that it helps any of you.

Thanks and be well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.