ADVERTISEMENT

Game 5: Illinois @ Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not dogged him too much, but just now, NOW, Banks figures out you hvae to stack the box on NU...

Hard to know what to say about that.

Hahahahahah. Anyone see the cutler with smoke in his mouth. It's a play call sign for Nebraska. Love it

196 in the first half...

...is that a "moral victory"...

...gotta have a sense of humor as an Illini football fan...

Originally posted by djpc:
Boy our run D is bad. Abdullah will have 200 in the first quarter. Can't succeed in this league if you can't defend the run.

NU's offensive coordinator cost them points there - had two more runs and they get a fg at least, and he throws 3x and gets nowhere. They really can't pass. We'd better see a full box unless checked=out for the 2nd half

It's hard for me to understand how a coach can watch game film of Nebraska, then come out with a we-aren't-going-to-do-anything-different game plan. Adjustments were good, but a day late and a dollar short.

You obviously come into this game with the idea of squeezing the line of scrimmage and making Tommy Armstrong beat you.

Oh well. Should beat Purdue.

This post was edited on 9/27 10:06 PM by bucshon

Same ol same ol....our D and O line techniques are awful.

I will say this, it could be worse. IF Nocorny doesn't fumble.....

Couple of thoughts...

I came in from the annual neighborhood block party and saw the 7-7 score in the second quarter and was shocked. Of course, it was 21-7 about three minutes later.

The officials could throw a flag on the Nebraska coaches for being in the restricted area any time, but they don't.

Bo Pelini is going to get fired someday for physically abusing his players. It's only a matter of time.

Why is Nebraska throwing the ball? The only reason Abdullah isn't averaging 10 yards a carry is because on some of the runs he hits the end zone and that lowers his average.

Illinois is just physically outclassed. Oh well.

Doug ?

Do you think Beckman and his staff are better than maybe one other staff in te big ten? Serious. Every coach inherits a different situation but curious of your view? Tia

If we fired the TB's after 1 season is that the season that Kill was hired at Minny? He should have been our head coach. He's just a good coach.

Is it bb season yet? This team will win 4 games.

Watching western amp own Thomas on blocks is telling.

If we don't kill clock my 60-14 might be right

Riley is a good kid but has no pocket composure - he abandons his reads the second he feels pressure, and that guarantees more pressure...

How many times has a running back been the only guy blocking Randy Gregory? Good Lord.

I rarely see Beckman have his microphone down. At least he knows his best role is to just observe.

Do o toole ever look to tge left?
His last 8 passes has been to the right and out of bounds d@#%
Put him back on the hands team

Beckman always has that, "What am I supposed to do?" look whenever the camera shows him. Never giving direction to anyone or correcting something. Weird.

The most depressing thing to me is seeing the stands at Nebraska full and wondering if that will ever happen again in my lifetime at Illinois.

Love the Rivals game thread feature where it automatically deletes any page after 4

Originally posted by illini-ace:
coaching my rear end. until we get some stud defensive lineman and linebackers you guys better get used to this!
Yeah! When is the GM gonna get some better players?!

Well that homer for the NU site had a pretty accurate score prediction...

...with our second string QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT