ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2: Illinois vs. Western Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illini football. Do something positive - clock eating drive that scores.

Then follow it up with something stupid - 3rd kickoff out of bounds in two weeks.

Well, yeah, that story has circulated quite a bit.

I want Illinois to succeed, I really do. But, that last td was very fortunate and struggling against YSU and now looking like a poor tackling team that can't compete in the trenches again vs WKU is really discouraging. Year three was supposed to look better than this wasn't it?

Maybe Dudek should do the kickoffs, at least we know he's giving it everything.

How often has Nick Saban or Les Miles or Urban Meyer, for instance, had three kickoffs go out of bounds in a year, much less in 6 quarters. That has very little to do with talent and everything to do with coaching.

Playing at home, we've managed to stay within three of the mighty Hilltoppers of a directional Kentucky school at halftime! In the current head coach's third year! Yippee! #thisisIllinoisfootball

L.A., it is really the D Line that has disappointed me (and of course linebackers aren't tackling for bupkes).

Powell has got to be dominating against C-USA players.

More Clements? More Joe "Haka" Fotu?

We have to find out if there is another decent B1G inside player to go along with Tietsma.
This post was edited on 9/6 12:41 PM by phoenix_illini

couple halftime observations:

Dudek is a baller...so glad this guy will be in the program for 4 years.

Donovan Young is a total waste. Any below average back scores on that play. Compare effort in same situation from Ferguson. Stop giving that guy that ball!!!!

Tackling still sucks, but schemes are better it seems.

We'll probably win this game because of Lunt and wide receivers.

Leman seems to be bending over backwards to not appear a homer. He has some good observations but his delivery is terrible. He needs to slow down and annunciate more clearly. He's hard to listen to.

Originally posted by phoenix_illini:
L.A., it is really the D Line that has disappointed me (and of course linebackers aren't tackling for bupkes).

Powell has got to be dominating against C-USA players.

More Clements? More Joe "Haka" Fotu?

We have to find out if there is another decent B1G inside player to go along with Tietsma.
This post was edited on 9/6 12:41 PM by phoenix_illini
I think DL is OK. THe LB's are atrocious. Cant tackle, bad angles....Mike Ward brings nothing to this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT