ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Jones Gone

captainillini

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2005
a Galaxy Far, Far Away
It's not quite old news yet, but I would like to know poster's thoughts on the whole Chris Jones situation, how Pitino handled it, and how it relates to the Darius Paul situation.

Many Illini fans made the whole D. Paul situation more about how other top CBB programs would have handled the DP suspension, instead of how Illinois and the Paul family decided to handle it by sending Darius to John Lucas, and play at a JuCo in Texas.

Point being, many posters thought the Illini were just being the Illini, taking the moral high ground instead of making it about winning at all costs at Illinois.

There is no doubt Louisville becomes a worse team w/o Jones. He was their best Guard, and probably 1st or 2nd best player. So were you shocked Pitino did what he did?

Of course we don't know exactly what Chris Jones did, but it's pretty well known that he is a "hard" player. He had a very tough up bringing in the worst part of Memphis. He was known to pretty much fight kids during every game (blacktop and organized), and I've heard he's had too many mental and emotional issues to count.

I do find it ironic that Jones is now seeking out John Lucas and wants to attend his program. And now w/ Jones out of the picture, Quinton Snider will get a chance to take over many of Jones' minutes.

Whoa, talk about full circle...and parallels.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.